The LG G4 was released in the US in early June 2015, as always focusing on high-end specifications and a refined fashion sense that makes it stand out in the premium smartphone market. Each version of the phone will have a different model number based on if it is sold by a carrier or sold by LG as a US Unlocked or International model.

How to Fix a bootloop for LG G4!

hi can any one advise me on how to fix a bootloop for a LG G4 and the Processes how to do so, if this is possible.

Awaiting Answer asap......

Have you tried to replace the battery? If the battery fails or the circuit attached to the battery it will send the phone into a boot-loop. If the phone can't communicate with the battery via BSI to verify the battery temp amount other things it will send it in a boot loop.

This is why when you connect a DC power supply directly to a iphone and not power it via the battery the phone will go into a boot loop. I forget what apples calls that on their schematic...

Point is try to switch the battery... If not come send another message...

I Tried a differend battery and same thing happen....is it a software problem? and please note its a android phone we're talking about.

LG has admitted that they have a microchip issue that causes the boot loop. If you have tried factory restore and battery and it still doesn't work, the issue is the Power Management IC. Do you have experience with Board Level Repair?

NO, i don't know how to do board level repair. Can you send me in the instructions or ways of doing this.

Factory Restore:

Press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons on the back of the device.

When the LG logo appears, quickly release and then re-hold the Power button while continuing to hold the Volume down button.

'Factory data reset' appears.

Use the Volume down button to highlight Yes.

Press the Power button to confirm.

Erase all user data and restore default settings' appears.

Press the Power button to reset the device.

The Board Repair is very difficult, I don't have a way to send instructions on how to do it. You can YouTube how to replace PMIC and you will find a bunch of videos, however it most likely won't be for this phone. I suggest using a board repair expert nearest to you. Where are you located?

did you ever get this sorted ?

Im having the same issue with mine... Grr so frustrating

Hi. I just bought a lg g6 on 8/6/2017 and had the boot loop issue in 8/8/2017. I tried taking my new phone back and was told I would be getting a refurbished phone not a new phone. Really sucks. Is there any class action suites I can join?

Mine just died because of this problem. My recommendation would be to heat the phone up enough to recover your data and get a phone that isn't inherently defective. It sucks because I liked this phone, but I'm reluctant to use it again, even if I could somehow get LG to repair it.

At least on mine, I was able to do a 99% data recovery. I lost my downloads because it wasn't something I could easily get to, but I got my contacts, messages and photos back. Now all I need is a new phone to rehome the data I got back and it's almost like nothing happened. The music I had on the phone is on my laptop, so I already have a backup of that on my computer.

Shawn D'Aguiar will be eternally grateful.