The 2014 version of the Galaxy Note 10.1", running a Exynos 5 processor and 3 Gb of ram. Released October 2013.

Enable to charge the tablet!

Hi Everyone ,

First of all, sorry for my bad english !

I'm writing you regarding my tablet galaxy note 10.1 2014 version.

Since 2 weeks , I'm not enable to charge my Tablet.

Please find below the tests that I have done :

1- The tablet off : detect the charger. But doesn't charge ( after a while discharges)

2- The Tablet On : doesn't detect the charger, so it doesn't charge

• I tried more than 3 chargers that work with another tablets. Even with the PC USB it doesn't work.

Then :

1- I changed the USB connector . Model Nappe Dock Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 for Edition 2014 SM-P600 / SM-P605 => Nothing changed.

2- I chaned teh Battery ( Original samsung). => nothing changed.

3- I tried a hard reset ( reset factory + wipe cache ...etc) => nothing changed !

I managed to charge my battery on another tablet to try if the other fonctions are ok ( Cam, Wifi, Screen, sound, display, SD Card ..etc) Everything is okay....Except the Charging part !

I have a multimeter if needed, to test the charging circuit, but I don't know how to do it, or where to test

I'm running out of ideas ! Could you please help me ?

Hi Every one,

Anyone could help me on this issue please ? :(

I tried to search on the internet how to verify with a multimeter , the charging circuits, but I didn't find anything usefull ! ( not an expert in electronics ...).

is it a problem related to the motherboard ?

Thank you very much for your help !

Regards

I have the same problem. I did everything that you did and I am thinking it might be the motherboard. Trying to get the answer to this is not easy. Keep me posted and I will do the same

Does the tablet draw any amps from the usb power cable? Check by set your multimeter to amperage mode and cut open only one power wire of the usb cable and stick the black probe on one and red probe on the other side.

Most Helpful Answer

I encounted a similar issue with the P605's and N8000 models i do alot of for a company here.

Samsung havent released a firmware update for v3.3 since 10th August 2015.

Then on 9th September they brought out v5.1.1 and then 26th September they ditched v5.1.1 and brought out v4.1.1 (http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/datab...)

Since then we've had numerous tablets come in with charging problems very similar to what your having, which we were able to solve by either using the original BLACK charger ( the white ones dont work ), or modifying a cheap usb ammetre and replicating the resistance on the data pins to what the black charger has, then charging the tablet off that. (tricks the tablet into thinking your using an original black charger)

other then that. .. buy a new tablet, cos you cant buy those black chargers anywhere anymore. Samsung has discontinued them. Nobody at samsung seems to have any ideas about this, ive spoken to numerous people who 'should' know, but they just say to use the new 'white' power supplys, which don't work.

Find the original black power supply, or modify a usb ammeter, or buy a new tablet!

Kinds regards,

Ben

www.ifixelectronics.com.au

(For the love of Mike).... your right. It worked. I can't believe it.

I have 3 Samsung tablets 2014 Limited Edition that I changed the batteries on and only one needs the Black Charger.

Good to hear mate!

Hi, I found a black charger for Samsung Tablet on the net, and I ordred it.

I hope it will work for me also !

Anyway, thank you very much for your support guys !!!

Regards

Hakim Kafi will be eternally grateful.