A collection of guides and support to help with washer repair.

Washing Machine tripping electricity (RCD)

I have a Miele W5741 washing machine which is three years old.

The other day it tripped the electricity (RCD)

I found that it would trip the RCD every time regardless of what program I used.

After a few trials I have found the following: if I use the machine and select cold water (no heating of water) then it does not trip the electricity (RCD).

So my conclusion is that it is the heater that is causing the washer to trip the electricity! What do you think?

I opened up the front to locate the heater. However I don’t see how I can remove the heater as I see no screws!

pics

I agree that you heater element is faulty and should be replaced.

Looking at the pictures, and I'm only guessing, is the element being held in by the holding tension of the segmented 'washers' which seem to be around the heater element leads?

Here is a link showing a Miele washing machine heater element. This part will fit your model according to their model number compatibility checker. Hopefully it may help you to work out how to remove it.

http://www.partmaster.co.uk/miele/washin...

taylor will be eternally grateful.