Released in February 2014. A Garmin manufactured GPS multi-sport training watch with illuminated display.

My Garmin Fenix 2 display is frozen, how do I fix this?

I have been trying to use my Garmin watch but it appears that the screen is frozen. Please help how do I fix this?

Brandon, did you get this figured out? I have the same problem. Thanks! Freaking out over here, ha, ha, ha. Can't live without my Garmin.

Most Helpful Answer

Soft rest: hold light button pressed for 25 s it then will turn off and then you can start the watch again by holding the light button for 1s.

Soft rest worked for me. Thanks

If your screen is frozen and the buttons are not working/doing anything, then you will most likely have to perform a 'hard'/master reset. To do this, press and hold the "down" button; while continuing to hold the "down" button, press the power button to power on/reset the watch.

I cant select 'yes' this screen frozen :/

I had the EXACT same issue. I've got a fix for it - mail me on jonathanvarunbenjamin[at]gmail.com - I'll send you the drivers and IMAGE files to get around that screen !!! I'm so excited to have my FENIX-2 back up and running again so I thought I'd help a few more people out!!

Hi mate. Is thi still working for you. I have exactly the same problem and can't fix it

HEY,

Please click on this link - https://goo.gl/Un9R9s

It will lead you to a folder in my Google Drive.

Please read the PDF file you'll find in the Folder > It explains the process of resetting the FENIX-2.

Also, please DOWNLOAD the ZIP file in the Folder. You'll need it.

Please let me know how it went!!

All the best.

best regards,

Jonathan Benjamin.

Click here - https://goo.gl/Un9R9s

Hope this helps.

My email address is jonathanvarunbenjamin@gmail.com

Thanks! This did the trick. Although I tried step 4: connecting it via USB to the computer instead of restoring the image. It connected as drive and I deleted the indicated folders after which the watch booted up again. (It was stuck on the bootup screen).

This solution didn't work for mine what are you calling the power on button? Mine only has menu/up, light, down,start/stop, and back/lap buttons.

just hold it longer. (down and light/power button)

Yes, it works for me. Thanks Baldwin. Is this a normal "fault"? Anytime it comes back during a race is really a sad case.......

Thanks for the help. I am really unsatisfied with the Garmin Fenix 2. It regularly losses satellite, freezes, has faulty data, etc. I think its a lemon. Does anyone know how to permanently fix these problems (without buying a Suunto)?

Thanks all. The down + light button did the reset!

My start/stop/select button was not working.. But it's still not fixed after the reboot :(

Any other tips?

I had the same issue with my watch... This was definitely helpful!

Thank you. Got mine up and working again..

Perfect. Got mine working. It froze after the battery ran out. Thanks for the advice. Paul

Yes it work for me hold the botton and safe botton it turned it off then turn it on again it seems to do the trick thanks

Brandon Barger will be eternally grateful.