The VTech Kidizoom Camera Connect is a great device for kids, featuring a 1.3 megapixel camera and 128 MB of internal storage.

My computer cannot find the camera's driver?

My VTech Kidizoom Camera Connect will not work with my computer. I've looked online and can't seem to find a driver for my device, how can I get my device to be recognized by my computer?

If the PC is making no attempt to to connect to the camera, i.e. no indications on the taskbar that anything is happening when you connect the device:

1. Have you turned the device on (not trying to be smart just double checking)?

2. Have you tried a different USB cable?

If you have tried the above and it didn't work or it is like you say that it cannot find the device then and I'm not sure if this is correct but have you installed Vtech's Learning Lodge software in your PC? I'm wondering if this software has the 'drivers' in it.

I only mention this as my camera's (Canon) drivers were bundled in the 'picture browser' software that came with the camera.

Here is a link, click on Kidizoom Camera Connect icon.

http://www.vtechda.com/downloadpage/DL/i...

The VTech Kidizoom Camera Connect does not have a specific driver that can be found online. The driver software is the same as a USB 2.0 driver and should automatically load when the USB cord is properly connected to the camera and computer. Make sure you are running an operating system that is up to date and can recognize the USB 2.0 format.

Check out this link for more information Troubleshooting Page

we just got an action cam - unfortunately the USB cable supplied was the problem (i.e. after trying another one from an old Nokia - micro USB cable) the thing actually did connect, so I suggest trying that. It hadn't even worked with the software, which btw, the camera starting downloading automatically once properly connected. This is really p*ss poor on Vtech's behalf, as it just took about an hour of mucking about to fix something that should have just work ootb!!

I had the same issue. I replaced the cable, downloaded the drivers, uninstalled and then reinstalled the drivers, tried on macs, laptop and desktop. I was told by the people at Vtech that my son must have dropped it and it is a possessor issue. They will not replace it. The warranty is only three months an d we bought it well in advance of Christmas last year. So by the time he filled it up and we tried to get the pictures off the warranty expired. I hope you had better luck than I did and got it to work.

Its a shame--camera works, still takes pictures, just cant get the pictures off of the camera.

I can confirm the cable was my issue as well. I thought for sure it wasn't (until I read this thread) because I had already suspected that, and tried multiple cables on 4 different PC and Macs. Lo and behold the last cable I tried just magically worked. I guess it's possible the one they shipped was damaged in some way or not manufactured exactly per the USB specs and the other cables I had were simply power passthrough with no data channel and I didn't realize it.

Either way, it works now!

So the solution is to try a different usb cable?

Nick Foster will be eternally grateful.