The DeWalt D26451 Random Orbit Sander is a 5-inch sander with a 3 Amp, 12,000 RPM motor. DeWalt discontinued this model, but replacement parts for the D26451 can still be found online.

Why won't my sanding pad stick?

The sander pad is not sticking during normal household use of the DeWalt D26451

Orbital sanding pads won't stick if debris or tears in material are present. To replace the hook and loop / Velcro pad: Simply remove the three screws on bottom of sander to replace pad. Here is a link to a replacement pad.

http://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tnpla/80...

I don't know if your refering to the sanding disks or not but I am going on experience here that the sanding pad which is screwed on the tool that allows you to put hook and loop sanding disks on it. If your not able to but sanding disks on the pad then your sanding pad is worn and can be replaced for $20 which I am getting pretty close to having to replace mine but I had my sander for quite awhile and never had a problem like that. It's just my sanding pad is tearing on the upper part now to replace it I will have to get back to you on that. I heard it's really simple by taking the screws that is in the sanding pad out and then it comes right off i just have not done it myself. Finding the part is easy go to Dewalt.com then hit what country after that, go to parts and information tab now from there you will find what you need on the second coumn on the right hand side in the small print you will find where to find parts by clicking on the find parts on service net.

Shelby LeQuire will be eternally grateful.