Released in March of 2014, can be identified by the model number KX-TGE233 on the bottom of the main docking station.

Why isn't my phone ringing?

My phone is on the docking station charged, and I can make calls from it just fine. However, whenever someone tries to call me, the phone doesn't ring. Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks.

-Jesse

3 Comments

I seem to have a double ring tone on my Panasonic cordless phone, the default and the melody I selected. I want to keep the selected melidy

I have a five phone system. When an incoming call comes, only three of the phones ring. What can I do to make the other two ring. It is a Panasonic KXTG270.

I had this problem just now, turned out to be one of the wires to the speaker was disconnected, a bit of solder and new pieces f wire sorted it.

1. If it rings only once and goes to silence on the calling party end, there is a high resistance short on the line and it must be repaired.

2. Double check whether the ringer is on or not.

3. Check the weather when experiencing this problem. Electrical storms, heavy precipitation, excessively strong winds and other natural phenomenon can interfere with phone reception -- particularly if you're using a cordless phone. If this problem only happens when the weather is bad, try again when the storm has passed and/or switch to a corded phone.

2 Comments:

how to check this high resisitance ?

but only i face issue with the cordless phone if i connect the normal phone it works fine .

@RAJESH LUGUN

What is the make and model number of the phone if it is not a Panasonic KX-TGE233?

Most Helpful Answer

There's a very good chance that your phone could be on privacy mode. This feature makes your phone not ring for a certain period of time despite being called. If I were you, I would open up the menu and see if you can find and disable this feature.

3 Comments:

How do I open privacy setting on old style Panasonic,?

@megadon1.dl ,

What is the model number of the phone?

Kx-tgfA30 phone does not ring. Says incoming call then goes blank.

You could have the ringer volume set at zero. Another way this can happen is if you have two many phone extensions all plugged in and their ringers on. This uses more power than can be supplied and the ringers don't work. Basically, 2 options.

Hi @Patti Fishel,

Have you checked that the 2 handsets aren’t in silent mode.

Can you make outgoing calls OK from the 2 handsets that don’t ring?

3 Comments:

Hi same question to jayeff, phones wont ring but the base does

@Jimdee Nickerson

What is the model number of the phone?

Can you call out OK from the phones?

Have you tried re-registering the phones with the base station?

To avoid repitition, what have you tried?

Un plug the phone from the mains and telephone line, take all the batteries out and leave for 40 minutes then plug everything back in, it worked for me.

I was told in their video press and hold * for three seconds. That is garbage, here is the real answer press and hold 0 for three seconds. I had to find this out for myself just by trying different buttons. I could not turn silent mode off from the menu but this worked.

My phone set is the KX-TGD532W.

Jesse Satterwhite will be eternally grateful.