Repair and disassembly guides for Brother printers.

My Brother Printer EMFC-J4510DW won't turn on

You can remove plug wait for a minute then plug it in hold on button and plug back in. It will then stay on for a short time then turn off.

Try the following:

1. Unplug the printer.

2. Remove the paper tray.

3. Press and hold the Power button.

4. While still holding the Power button plug in the power cord

5. Wait for it to start, when normal home screen displayed release the power button.

6. There should be a message to replace the tray.

Hopefully it will be good to go.

Update Try it 2 or 3 times before you give up. According to the comments below, for some it did work but only on the second or third attempt.

Also if it does succeed here is a link which allows you to download the "Firmware Update Tool" which checks to see if there are any firmware updates for your printer. Brother doesn't say if there are or not but it never hurts to check in case they have a 'fix' available. Scroll down to Firmware.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadl...

Perfect, this was driving me crazy! Thanks.

Worked like a charm !

Thank you very much.

Thank you. My printer is up and running now .

Yes, its working...thank you

That works for a day or two and then have to do it again

Hello Everyone .

I Too had the same issue and i tried many things but nothing helped me like i was trying .

Than I Realised That I was trying all Steps Wrong . Please Turn Of Your Printer And Unplug it from Power

and reset the printer power supply Read Here Fix Printer Which Is Not Turning On

See If All This Helps You To Fix Your Issue .

We also have the problem where the printer occasionally won't turn on. Jayeff's solution worked once, and sometimes just unplugging and plugging in again works. However, today the printer would not turn on, so we plugged it into our APC Line-R 600 voltage regulator and the printer started fine. We found out two years ago that the voltage coming into our house was on the high side of normal most of the time, and our computer would exhibit functional problems. APC Line-R 600 is less than $50 at Walmart, Office Depot, and Amazon. The electric company, here anyway, will check your line voltage for free.

Doesn't turn on after standby.

This seems to be a common problem on many printers of this series, but the solutions presented here are just a workaround. You have to go and unplug your printer each time you want to use it. Quite silly for a WiFi printer...

I've dug a bit deeper; the problem lies in a supercapacitor 5,5V 0,22F on the main pcb motherboard. It's unable to keep a charge and therefore the printer fails to come out of standby.

You can get to the pcb by removing 9 screws, unplugging a few connectors and a bit of fiddling. Go in from the top, remove the scannerbed and work your way down. The supercap itself is a throughhole part that's easily replaceable with a standard soldering iron and costs around €2.

Good luck fixing this chinese piece of $@$* and getting your money's worth out of it!!

I also had the problem where my hl l2380dw would not power on occasionally (same socket).

Sometimes switching socket would work, sometimes not. Maybe it was more about unplugging it for a longer time?

In any case, ran into this issue again, saw this post, pulled out the tray (not sure if this is important or not) unplugged for about 30 seconds (a little longer than I had tried previously), and then while pressing the power button re-plugged it in... it powered on immediately.

Strange.

My Kyocera FS-3820N will not power up, anyone has a fix for this problem? I plugged it up once and it came on, this I unplugged it without powering down. Now it will not come on at all.

You can also try another method to overcome your problem. The following method is taken from Brother MFC-J4510DW Manualand i hope this will help you more effectively.

Keep holding power button while plugging power cord back in and for another 60 seconds after, then release it. Make sure that there should not any damage or crack in printer wire. The proper voltage rate must be passed. The lithium battery inside printer should be recharged. If simple restart will not fix your issue, then move to hard reset.

I had this problem and the paper tray solution did not work. With having to get work done immediately I was in a bind. I then opened the ink cartridge cover, popped out, and replaced a cartridge. I then held the on button, plugged it in, and it was working. Very relieved.

I have a DCP1510 which I bought a year and a half ago. It wouldn't power on one day. I tried the above methods repetitively but to no avail. What so I do now? Depressing indeed.

Thomas Fahsbender will be eternally grateful.