The Acer Iconia One 7 is a tablet released on April 2014. The Iconia One 7 is a compact package full of media fun. With a bigger-than-phablet display that is both clear and colorful, you get speedy response and hours of battery life to keep things going. We’ve also included our Kids Center platform with lots of cool kid’s stuff that parents can control.

Plugged in, not charging

My tablet won't charge, and displays "Plugged in, not charging". I checked the charger, and it seems to work just fine with other devices, so I'm thinking this is a charging port issue. (Because if it was the battery that was the issue, it would display that it was at least charging, right?)

Does anyone have any idea what the cost to repair this would be? Would it be cheaper just to replace the whole thing?

Or might it actually still just be the battery? Anyone have any other ideas? Anything else to check?

I've left it charging (well, plugged in...) over 24 hours, left it to run the battery dead & shut itself off and left it off for a few days and tried again, tried connecting it to my PC, just to see what happens, all got me the same results: "Plugged in, not charging".

Thanks for any input!

A faulty battery might give an indication of not charging. Charging current needs to flow into the battery to charge it and if the battery is not accepting the current this may be detected and the message of not charging 'may' be given.Does it turn on and stay on with the charger connected? Also does your charger have an output rating of 5VDC 2A (should be printed on the charger)?

Bit confused here you said ...'left it to run the battery dead and shut itself off.... was it on (running) or did the 'not charging' message just disappear? Does it turn on using only the battery (after you have left it on charge for long enough, even though it says not charging)? If so how long does it stay on for? If it stays on for a reasonable amount of time, perhaps it is a software reporting problem and not a hardware problem.

Depending on your 'exact' model number there may possibly be a 'firmware' fix which resolves battery charging problems. Have found link for B1-730 and B1-730HD, slightly different problem to yours but still charging related. So maybe armed with that info you could search for 'your model number' firmware updates and see if there are any and if they relate to your problem.

my Acer Iconia w700 is not chaprging.tab swiched off.no any lights and indications.no response please advise

From what I hear you have to put the charger in a Ziploc and put in your freezer over night.

Probably not the best solution but I should work

its been plugged in and i watch a film so dont know where or why the battery has gone done to 1 percent and it shows that it is not plugged in what is that all abt

c j will be eternally grateful.