15.6 inch display. Identified by Model Code: NP470R5E-K02UB. This device was released August of 2013.

Do not attempt keyboard replacement.

Hey everyone,

This isn't so much a question as a word of advise. Do NOT attempt to replace the keyboard on this device without purchasing a new palmrest/top case as well. The keyboard is held in by what looks like plastic rivets, and is VERY difficult to replace on your own. I've attempted a keyboard-only repair a few times, and I won't let it happen again. It takes much too long to tear off all the plastic rivets and glue the new keyboard down, and you end up with a less than satisfactory repair every time.

Where did you order the palmrest/top case that you recommended. If you could provide the part number, that might be helpful if a future repair is required by someone who reviews the post.

I had the same experience. Had to completely disassemble the laptop to get to the keyboard, then cut off the plastic rivets with a box cutter to remove it. Well, OK, my student worker did. I supervised. It's nice to have minions. It did turn out well but took a few hours.

Max Rysdon will be eternally grateful.