The slimmer version of the bulkier ThinkPad T420. The T420s is notable for its lower battery life and noisier fan compared to the original T420 laptop.

Bootmgr image is corrupt. The system cannot boot.

After I turn on my computer, screen went blank then on top right of the screen it prompted " Bootmgr image is corrupt. The system cannot boot after few minutes.

in most cases this is a software problem or your hdd is broken if the boot manager is not working... rescue the data and try a clean install or check the disk if there are any errors.

depending on the system you work with its also possible to rewrite the bootmanager

You can try running a windows repair from a disc but in most cases when the boot image is corrupted you need to reformat and load a new install of windows. If your not familiar with running a repair disk or reformatting just shout and I can guide you through the process.

BTW you can remove the hard drive a rescue your data with another PC

Most Helpful Answer

I'll assume you're running Windows on your computer.

This error means the computer isn't able to find a bootable drive. It can be caused by a few different things. First off, make sure you have no CDs in the drive and no USB drives attached to your computer. Try restarting. The reason for this is that if the computer thinks the USB drive or CD is bootable and if the BIOS is set to boot first from USB or CD it might not bother checking your hard drive at all, instead just giving this error.

If that doesn't work your problem is either a hardware fault (usually that would be a failing hard drive) or a corrupt operating system. I'd suggest getting a Linux LiveCD and running an extended SMART test on the hard drive. If it passes, try re-installing Windows. If it doesn't, you'll have to replace the drive.

canlassheryl will be eternally grateful.