Released in 2014, identified by 11.6 inch screen, 2-in-1 convertible touchscreen laptop. Model number 11t-n000.

How to reinstall touch screen driver? My touch screen stopped working.

My touch screen at HP - Pavilion x360 11-n010dx 2-in-1 w/beats audio stopped working. I think I do not have a touch screen driver anymore. How to fix the problem and reinstall the driver? Thanks

What OS is installed?

It is 8.1. I think something deinstalled the driver.

hi i dont know whats going on i just got my tablet/laptop and i cant use the touch screen i dont know why i cant but please send anything u find usefull to this email cuteyuki4811@gmail.com thank u.

When i downloaded windows 10 it uninstalled the touchscreen and id like to find away to download it and use my touch screen again

i can tell you for sure i had same problem after windows 10 update and i have uninstall and installed the driver and than i got it fixed visit https://goo.gl/XGOQ4L . thanks i hope this will help

You need to check if your Touchscreen has been disabled or that the drivers need to be installed..

To do so, check the Compliant Touch screen settings in Device Manager.

Using your mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Search.

Type in Device Manager in the search box and hit enter, and then click Device Manager, when it appears as an option. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice. Device manager window will open.

(click on image to enlarge for better viewing)

Scroll down to Human Interface Devices (HID) and expand tree by clicking on arrow head to the left of HID.

Scroll down to HID - Compliant Touch Screen.

If there is a red cross next to the entry, right click on it and select the enable option. This should restore the touchscreen. (the picture above is just to show where it is, if it is disabled , enable will show as an option not disable as is shown in the example)

If there is a yellow exclamation mark next to the entry, right click on it and select the Update Driver Software and follow the prompt Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software. This should find and install the driver software for your Touchscreen

UPDATE 30/09/2016

Hi, @Shantel Brassfield,

Check Mice and Other Pointing Devices in Device Manager and see if there is a listing for a USB touchscreen controller.

Right click on the listing and select Update driver. When you get to browse my computer, you'll have the option to "let me choose" and then you select "usb input device" instead of "touchscreen controller."

hopefully this will restore your HID touchscreen.

Thanks, but there is no Compliant Touch Screen in the list. It is missing :(

OK . Couple of things to try.

1. Check in Device Manager that the touchscreen is not listed under 'Other Devices'. If it is follow the same procedure as before to update drivers. It will then be re-installed in the correct place, under HID...

2. Open Control Panel > Add New Hardware. Follow the prompts to allow Windows to find and automatically install new hardware. As you do not have the drivers for it and they are not available (they are part of the OS) Windows knows where to look for them.

For your general information in Device Manager there should never be a red cross or a yellow exclamation mark against any device unless you have chosen to disable it.

Somwhow I found the driver

It was hidden. I clicked on View, show hidden devices. It showed up. It is uptodate. But in properties it is written CURRENTLY THIS HARDWARE DEVICE IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER. Code 45. To fix the problem reconnect this hardware device to the computer.??

Can you 'uninstall' it then restart your laptop and allow Windows to find new hardware when it starts again?

I uninstalled it. I tried Open Control Panel > Add New Hardware. There was no Add New Hardware option. I tried to start Add Hardware Wizard to Install a Driver Package https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library...

I failed. After clicking HAVE DISK and entered C:\toaster directory, I could not have decided what to choose next, because I cozld not find C:\toaster directory

Click Have Disk.

Type the path of the C:\toaster directory.

Click Toastpkg.inf, and then click Open.

Click OK.

i had the same issue last night . i got it fixed and here is how you can fix the problem . please follow this post step by step follow FIX screen touch won't work windows laptop and this should fix the problem . thanks

Hi - I had the same issue re device code 45 on a Toshiba laptop, two years old. The problem turned out to be the hinge through which the cables ran for powering the screen. Moving the screen very carefully to nearly upright it was possible to run the touch screen but it was not very easy to see it. Poor design meant the hinges were quite weak and must have pulled against the cables.

That is exactly how my laptop is acting. Wish I knew how I could fix it...

Download to HP automated support assistant it will automatically find drivers that need to be installed, including ones that aren't listed in device manager, It works for all my needs it should fix this issue

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsup...

Here is the HP forums with the same issue, It might help also

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insid...

THANK YOU!!!! You are a life saver!

Hehehehehe!!! Go to CONTROL PANEL, click Mouse, under Mouse properties click Hardware, check on the devices - you will see the items in the available options. double click on the Touch stuff to see its Properties. Go to Driver [there you will see options like Driver Details, Update Driver, Roll back Driver etc..]Just click on the Roll back Driver, wait for some second then click OK and that's all. Soft Touch resumes.

Hi i had this problem too. All you have to do is right click on human interface and click scan for hardware changes.

I have this problem too, but this did not fix it. My touch screen worked one day, then the windows 8.1 update went through and it quit working, then it updated to windows 10, still not working.

I have no "human interface" tab on the device manager page. What to do?

To reinstall drivers for Windows computer, it is easy, and there are many ways can help you. As for me, I prefer to use driver management utility to install drivers for my Windows 10 laptop. I think it is the easiest way.

Can anyone help me with a similar issue? I updated to Win10 many months ago. My Dell E2014T touch screen has worked perfectly until very recently. Now, when I touch the screen, I can not get the PC to register a mouse click. The screen animation is still there shwoing that it's recognizing the touch. If I touch & hold on icons, I can drag them all around. I can swipe right & left to open menues, but I can't "click" on anything to access programs, files, folders, etc. I assume there was a recent update that caused this issue, but I can't seem to find anything on it. I can't restore to an older version because it apprently happened long enough ago that there is no older version to restore to.

I've tried reloading drivers & recalibrating. Drivers didn't work and I can't recalibrate because the pc won't recognize my screen touches.

Hi Jason,

This might be of interest.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-for...

Also with Win 10 go to Control Panel > Recovery > Configure System Restore and set up restore for the appropriate drive etc. Apparently Win 10 turns OFF the automatic restore point function by default. Go figure!

Thanks . I had seee that dell support post prior posting mine. Unfortunately, nothing in that post helped.

Further research has uncovered that is was the event update to the win10 Anniversary Edition that dumped my touch screen. Apparently something changed with the way touches are registered by the OS and my monitor doesn't support win10 so I think I'm screwed.

Please someone help. I have similar problem and none of these solution works on my Asus S550CA.

Device Manager show that HID compliant touch screen gray under the Human Interface Device and does not have the option to disable or disable.

Checking under the "about this computer" under settings, it reported No Pen or Touch input available for this display. I am running Window 10 Pro that was upgraded from Window 8.

The computer touch screen works wonderfully well after thr upgrade but recently stop working.

Please help.

Hi, if the touch screen under HID is greyed out then it is not attached. You could try scanning for hardware changes and/or uninstalling it however if that doesn't work then it is quite likely to be as a result of the problem I described above which requires a repair shop or technician to fix.

Hi @coslads

Did you notice the update that I posted in the 1st answer at the top of this page. I'm wondering if the same thing might have be applicable to your laptop.

Also other people are reporting that their PC's were working OK with Win 10 Ver.1511 but after the Anniversary update to Ver. 1607 that they lost their touchscreen.

The screen isn't "greyed out" the screen is working because when I shine light onto it I can see the graphics that are supposed to be there, but they'really not lighting up. A few days ago it started working again after connecting to external moniter, but then stopped lighting up again.

Thanks Keith, Jayeff and all that contributed.

I am at cross road here as nothing seems to be able to correct the touch screen problem with this Asus model S550CA. I need to pint out here that I am a not a low end computer user. I am conversant with hardware and software installation and trouble shooting. I can uninstall and reinstall software and hardware. I can resolve conflicts in both areas. I don’t seems that I got any idea of what to do on this issue as I have practically explored all relevant ideas and utilised all suggestion posted on various discussion sites to no avail. I have to send a message to Asus to see what they can offer. Three days passed now Asus technical helpline have not reply apart from the auto response to confirm the message that I sent.

I have other five touch screen laptops Acer that belongs to my family that I upgraded at the same time including my Asus AIO. I did not experience same problem with the others. One thing I will like to point out to anyone reading this is that I only experienced problem with the touch screen on the Asus S550CA that was upgraded to Window 10 Pro. The other laptops are operating on Window 10 Home. Surprisingly, I do not know that the Asus S550CA ended up with Window 10 Pro until now that I have problem with its touch screen because the laptop works brilliantly ok after the upgrade. It is worth knowing too that nothing broke on the laptop as I am a careful user.

I will appreciate any suggestions.

Regards to all,

Coslads

please i need a link to download touch screen driver for hp mini 5103 running on window 10 32bit. the touch screen was working perfectly until i upgraded from window 7 to window 10. now the driver has been completely removed from the system. thanks

Hi, HP does not have drivers for your model beyond Win7.

Try this :

I have tried what you said but couldn't find the touch screen controller. I will revert to window 7. Help me with the link to download HID complaint touch screen driver for window 7. I will appreciate that. Thanks

Hi Here is the link to all the drivers. I think it is the Wacom Digitizer driver in Driver - Keyboard , Mouse and Input Devices.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/publi...

Here is the one video step by step guide [HOW TO FIX] Windows 10 Touch Screen not Working https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svyc8san...

qwertyuiopasdfghkljzxcvb

Back up drive program

Hi I had same problem when I updated the driver updating driver booster and it moved it to mouse and pointers in device Manager I went thier told it to uninstall it hit the check box and uninstalled the driver it then I hit scan hardware for changes and it waited for. Sec still nothing so I did same thing again and bam it put it back under human interface where it belonged and I also tried rolling it back but it did no good but the above steps I did fixed it and now works again just go to start in search bar search device manager then open it then go to mouse and pointer and uninstall driver a check box should pop up check it then let it go then under action tab at top hit scan for hardware changes and it should work I'm not gonna say it will for all laptops and pcs and touch screens but it did fix my problem hope it does for u

minelazerdo will be eternally grateful.