Blu Studio 5.5 S smart phone was released in 2014 by Blu. It's recognizable, by it's white color, and 5.5 inch LCD display.

Why won't my USB connection options appear in the status bar?

I connected my usb cable to my computer but the connection icon won't show up in the status bar and my phone won't show up on the computer, either. It stays in charge mode and I don't know how to access the usb connection options or what is wrong.

Don't know the setup of your particular phone brand. In this regard different brands can vary as to the location (if any) of the USB connection options. A lot are only visible once the PC has been connected via a working USB cable.

Therefore try the following and see if anyone of them resolves your problem.

1. Try a different USB cable and/or USB port in your PC?

2. Visually inspect the USB port in your phone (with a magnifying glass) to ensure that there are no bent or broken connectors or dust in the slot. Do not prod about with anything if there is something in there. You may cause more damage. If it is lint or dust try to remove it with a vacuum cleaner.

3. Go to Menu > Settings > Storage > tap on 'settings' icon (3 vertical dots) in top right corner, tap on USB computer connection. Select option.

4. Go to Menu > Settings > Applications (Apps) > Development > USB Debugging ensure it is enabled.

I have done everything he on top says although dont get it. The best thing to do is check the USB cables and inquire if a specific type of one is needed for that sort of thing, such as in a store where there are technology people working

Hi @JB6000

If it still won't connect to a PC try the following.

Try starting the phone in safe mode to see if it will connect OK to a PC.

Not quite sure with a Blu phone but with most Android phones to get into safe mode, turn the phone off by pressing the Power button. When the shutdown menu options appear press and hold the Power Off option. There should be an option to start the phone in 'safe mode' Tap that and allow the phone to restart. Once in safe mode see if you can now connect to a PC.

If you can then a downloaded app is the cause of the problem.

The trick is to find out which one. You need to uninstall each downloaded app one by one and test the phone between each uninstall to see if it now works OK. If it does the last app that you uninstalled is the culprit.

To get out of safe mode, simply turn off the phone in the normal manner and restart it.

If it still won't connect to a PC in safe mode, try a hard reset.

Be aware that a hard reset will erase all your data and downloaded apps. It will restore the phone to its factory default condition, (or last system updated condition).

Perform a backup of the phone, using the phone's backup feature first, before you do a hard reset.

Then perform a hard reset using the phone's factory restore feature.

Once the phone has been reset, try connecting to a PC via USB.

If it works, restore the phone with the backup that you made earlier, using the phone's restore feature.

Once it has been restored, check if you can connect to a PC via USB.

If you can then the reset has resolved the problem.

CJenice Mindless will be eternally grateful.