Blu Studio 5.5 S smart phone was released in 2014 by Blu. It's recognizable, by it's white color, and 5.5 inch LCD display.

Why won't my USB connection options appear in the status bar?

I connected my usb cable to my computer but the connection icon won't show up in the status bar and my phone won't show up on the computer, either. It stays in charge mode and I don't know how to access the usb connection options or what is wrong.

Most Helpful Answer

Don't know the setup of your particular phone brand. In this regard different brands can vary as to the location (if any) of the USB connection options. A lot are only visible once the PC has been connected via a working USB cable.

Therefore try the following and see if anyone of them resolves your problem.

1. Try a different USB cable and/or USB port in your PC?

2. Visually inspect the USB port in your phone (with a magnifying glass) to ensure that there are no bent or broken connectors or dust in the slot. Do not prod about with anything if there is something in there. You may cause more damage. If it is lint or dust try to remove it with a vacuum cleaner.

3. Go to Menu > Settings > Storage > tap on 'settings' icon (3 vertical dots) in top right corner, tap on USB computer connection. Select option.

4. Go to Menu > Settings > Applications (Apps) > Development > USB Debugging ensure it is enabled.

CJenice Mindless will be eternally grateful.