Xbox 360

The Xbox 360 is the second game console made by Microsoft, and was released November 22, 2005.

Machine turns on, no signal / video output?

I have an xbox 360 that has never red-ringed and turns on just fine, but refuses to work with any TV I try to plug it into. I have plugged another xbox 360 into the same cables and TV, but when I plug this one in the TV reads "No Signal."

Any thoughts??

Most Helpful Answer

Make sure that the component cable is set to whatever input you have the cables plugged into. For example, if you are using the component connection, RED-GREEN-BLUE and then WHITE-RED for your audio, make sure the switch is set to HDTV. If you are using standard connection, YELLOW-WHITE-RED, then make sure it is set to TV.

If this still doesn't work, try a different pair of video cables and if the same results are coming up, you will need to have the board repaired. You can not just replace the motherboard either or you will not be able to play games on the system, make sure to have the actual board repaired.

Yes there are ways to repair the board out there but board repairs are different from replacing it. If you don't use the right equipment, you pose a greater risk of damaging the board more than it is already. It's best to have the system repaired by a professional that provides a warranty on their work.

Wired Extreme can repair the system since it is beyond what can be done at home and you will get a 90 day full coverage warranty on the console. Check us out or call us, we'll be glad to help you.

www.wiredextreme.com

on the video cable, there is a switch that changes between hdtv and standard definition tv. make sure it is on the right one.

This is caused by a heat up of the chips internally and you will need to stop this. The actual chip that is overheating here is the scaler chip or the display chip on the back of the Xbox 360.

I have an Xbox 360 slim, and it works perfectly fine. It's never got a red ring of death. Everytime I plug it on my hd tv

It says "no signal". I use HDMI cables, not the red-yellow-white cables. I tried plugging my Xbox on my other tv's and it still doesn't work. Can someone please tell me how to fix it?

I also have this problem. Please help! Only HDMI doesn't work, RCA connection does work. Have tried everything aside from taking this thing apart.

by lukeandsabrinapenner

did you guys find a solution?

by Mr Mashup

also I'm suffering same problem no HDMI signal!!!!!

Hal will be eternally grateful.