Announced on October 16, 2014, the iPad Mini 3 is the successor to the iPad Mini Retina (now known as the iPad mini 2).

Replaced Digitizer & LCD - Now iPad Dead?

Hi All,

As the title says , got my first iPad Mini 3 here , replaced the digitizer following the instructions on iFixIt ........ all went without a hitch.

Managed to transfer original home button over to the replacement too!

Switched it back on after repair .......... Doh! Cracked the LCD! :( :(

Replaced the LCD ......... all worked fine until the iPad went flat (it was very flat when the client brought it to me)

Now I can't get ANYTHING out of it at all , have left it on charge for several hours , tried multiple chargers and genuine Apple Lightning cables , double checked connections for the LCD and digitizer etc ....... Totally bizarre!!

Anyone seem anything like this? Point me in the right direction before I tell the customer I've broke their ipad? :P

Thanks in advance!!!

You may have shorted out the backlight filter when removing the LCD if the battery was still connected. I have seen similar issues on earlier versions of the iPad Mini but never on the Mini 3 (yet)

Thanks for that , Surely if I had shorted the backlight though i'd still be able to get a computer to recognise the iPad , or make it vibrate or make sound when plugged in?? (Can't get any of this either, totally dead!)

Alex Smallwood will be eternally grateful.