Alarm clock that simulates the sunrise. This clock also features a radio and a USB connection. Identifiable by the model number HF3485.

Wake up Light not responding to any button presses.

Hello Guys,

This is a my first question here and have seen Forum helping people with the simillar product , hence this post.

The problem: The clock was working fine but has stopped working since yesterday. On the LCD screen it shows time only and no hardware button seems to do anything i.e. - , +, Select, Menu, Light Buttons except volume and the FM buttons. Sometimes the volume will increase with a button press and you can listen to the FM station but within fractions of seconds the volume will go to zero and the LCD will then show "OFF" only with a speaker sign.

I have tried taking the power off and leaving it for a few hours but no change.

Many thanks

I'm having the same issue. None of the buttons have any effect at all. Anyone found a solution? Thanks

I have a similar problem and at first I thought it was just a light bulb that needed to be replaced so I opened and replaced it. But when I turned it back on everything seems to work like usual; I set the time and the alarm and it just displays OFF. I spent many hours on the forms but eventually gave up until this week when I tried plugging it in and same thing it worked for a day and went back to its crazy state.

Most Helpful Answer

Hi, I'm having also the same problem.

After using the little tutorial "how to dismantle the thing", I was able to determine that it was the board with lights buttons that was faulty (I witnessed also that the lights went from 20 to 0 when it finally broked)

-> When I remvove the connector from that board, the rest of the buttons work perfectly (-,Menu,select,+).

-> As I dont have the tools I'm not able to determine wich button is faulty... -> Next step !

Just a few words in french in order to be able to find this topic.

Problème réparation de réveil HF3485 Philips : Les boutons ne fonctionnent plus. Le problème venait vraisemblablement d'un des boutons de la carte dédiée aux boutons lumière/volume et commutateur. une fois cette carte débranchée, le reste marche...

Thanks ! I had the same problem, and I fixed it by removing and adjusting the button board again.

Merci, j'avais le même problème. j'ai réparé en enlevant et remettant la carte des boutons.

I had this exact problem with the HF3520, must be bad soldering on the touch interface. I ended up calling Phillips and they sent out a replacement in 3 days.

narender chauhan will be eternally grateful.