The Xiaomi Mi 4 is the fourth generation of the Mi line of smartphones produced by the Xiaomi Technology Company. It comprises of the latest technology that all phone companies have to offer in the world.

My mi 4 is not turning on...

hi am in Germany and i dont find anyone who can repair my Xiaomi Mi4.. it just got switchoff and dosnot get turn on please adice me

for me, after overnight charging my xiaomi mi4w, in the morning, my phone suddenly cannot turned on. after many times of googling, i found out some temporary fix is just, charge your phone with higher or lower output power. for me, i just charged with my laptop, and miraculously my phone was "jump start" from that. and clearly, my battery is 100% fully charged. this type of problem is clearly not SOD or bricked phone. in my case, i am using Global Beta ROM 6.9.22.

noted that this is only temporary fix. permanent fix might involve change the battery because of faulty. idk, i plan to change in the future

thank u very much for posting this.... i had similar issue and it got resolved...... i went to service center but they said it needs complete formatting and reset.... that would have costed me all my phone data.... with your trick i could save all my data... thanks!!

Thank you for this post. I'm in Nigeria and I was watching a youtube video on my phone till my phone battery reached 5% and it suddenly went off on its own and stopped charging. I tested with different chargers all to no avail. ai had to resort to Google. My first Google search brought me to this page and I plugged the phone to my Mac as instructed and immediately the charging light started blinking and I later plugged it directly to the charger and it's working fine now. Thank you once again.

This is not working for me...any other trick pls...

The laptop charging method worked for me..on Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime bought just 2 days back

You need to try to hard reset your phone.

Before you do, try if you can, to charge the phone battery so that it has a reasonable amount of charge.

Do not perform a hard reset with the charger connected.

Warning : A hard reset will erase all your downloaded apps and user data and will restore your phone to factory default condition.

To perform a hard reset :

Turn your phone off.

Press & hold the Volume Up and Power buttons together.

Release the Power button when the Mi logo appears on the screen (don’t release the volume up button yet).

When Recovery mode shows, release the Volume Up button

Navigate using the volume buttons (up or down) and confirm by using the power button.

Select “English” (or whatever language you prefer).

Then select “Wipe Reset”.

Next choose “Wipe all data” and confirm by selecting “Yes”.

Be patient the process takes a few minutes.

I tried this with my MI4 Phone. I had purchased the phone on April 03 2015 and the phone went dead on April 24th 2016 exactly after a weak after the warranty period was over. Finally I took it to the MI4 service center at Rajajinagar. I was given a token with number 39 and I had to wait for nearly 2 hrs to get my turn. All that they did was connected my phone to computer USB port and then told me it is hardware problem and they need to change the board and that would cost Rs 10000 + . I had purchased this phone through Flipkart when the phone was first released and spent Rs 20000. The phone was available at a price of about 13000 after a year. I then took it to a local service man Who had repaired my samasung phone at a cost of Rs 3800 for which samasung service center had given an estimate of Rs 8000 for repair. The fellow is still trying I had made at least 20 visit to him. The lesson I had learnt is cheapest is the best wont work. Ximomi should recall all these phones and replace it.

I m facing same problem in mi4i

and exectly after one year latter my handset also not swich on and not charging from any charger.

i had allso getting these problems . .my fone is not stsrting just after leaving the warrenty period . ..my fone is nor starting up nither geting charged

My xiomi mobile suddenly got turned off and now I am not able to turn it on!!! It is not getting charged also :( its 1 year 2 months since I bought this mobile.

Hey i did the same what u answerd my phone is now working

Solved same issue: I connected it to my laptop. Initially, It wasn't displaying any signs of charging. But after 5 minutes, the LED started blinking. 10 minutes post that, my LED light was on and stable. It began charging again!

i think i can help . just follow simple steps -

plug the phone into charger for 10 min

and unplug the charger and try booting your phone in safe mode .

for any other step follow the link i found on internet How to Boot Phone in Safe mode

see if that works for you too

I also faced the same problem,but my MI4 phone finally turned on when I pressed the volume button and the power off/on button. I changed my preferred language,then selected first option REBOOT because I fear loosing my installed apps . And BOOM It started working normally!

what about your photos? is it still there in your phone when you reboot? im scared :(

@faridahashrose My photos and apps were still in my phone after I managed to switch it on again. What I did was to charge my phone via my laptop (with my phone turned off) till it is fully charged (100%). Then, I pressed the volume button & power off/on button for almost 1 min. My phone was back to life again! ^^

Hi @shin95 ,

Hopefully you have made a "backup of all your data" in case the next time your phone fails you can't get it started at all.

mi phone is troble not working

In the mid night I plugged in to the charging mode as I do daily when I woked up I saw my mobile not switched on just one charging light was blinking I tried many power button to press it many tried but when I plug in another mi charger it just switched on and every thing was okay. What was it I don't know.

As i inserted my otg to my Redmi 4a then suddenly turned off please suggest me how to switch on my phone now

my phone wont turn on

viegas0814 will be eternally grateful.