How to remove the speaker grid.

Hello.

I need to repair the speakers of a Harman Kardon Go + Play, but I can't to remove the grid in front of them.

I read in some web site that simply pull the grid gently, but I haven't success.

Can anyone give me some tip?

Best regards and thank you.

If you just push it out from the inside it will come off but you will also dent the mesh a little bit. I did it this was as the speaker material in my unit flaked melted into petroleum residue over time (I live in taiwan where it gets very hot).

I have tried to push the speaker from the inside , with the unit open from the bottom. But looks like the speaker is glued to the main body. Impossible to remove without breaking the unit. Can someone send pictures of how to push ?

Here are two links which may help you.

This shows a Harman Kardon Go + Play Micro dis-assembly. It might be the same for the Go + Play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JheOB3Qm...

This is a link showing a Harman Kardon Go + Play open. Hopefully it may also be of help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtuDJCqG...

Hi Jayeff, thanks for tour answer.

I knew these posts, but they aren't useful.

There is another post (on Fixya) where says is easy, just pull out with some screwdriver.

I tried, but no way.

I will keep trying.

Again, many many thanks four your kindness.

Regards.

PS: Sorry about my English. I'm from Argentina.

Hi @beto, i´ve the same problem ... Finally, How did you remove de grid ?

Beto and megagod, I have the same problem, still do not know how to remove Grid, triedfrom the front with a screw driver and small kniffe but I am scared to damage the grade, dis you guys succeed ? Thanks

push from inside through broken speaker towards the edges with a flat topped screw driver , the grill is very hard and not as soft as u think, really need to push hard to get it out, not much damage to the grill

you mean we push Through broken speaker , by totally destroying the broken speaker cone ? Mine needs just a suspension change , the cone is fine . Inreally don't want to make more damage to the speaker . Are you sure that is the only way ? Can you post a picture or two of that procedure ?

Beto will be eternally grateful.