Laptop not switching on.
I shut my laptop one night and didn't open it for two days. When I did open it up, I pressed the power button and nothing happened. So far I have left the battery out for 24 hours, plugged in the laptop, then the battery, and pressed power. I have held the power switch in all increments from 3 seconds until 50 seconds. I have single, double, triple pressed the button and help while either plugging in or replacing the battery.
I have checked the voltage at the wall. I am getting 19.3v from the transformer to the laptop. Voltage to the battery is 2.5v. Laptop gets 19.3v at the motherboard.
I have not been able to find information about proximity sensors/magnetic Reed switches but if there are, I can check them.
With all that said, am I looking at a bad power switch or possibly some other hardware issue? Just to be clear, the laptop does absolutely nothing when the button is pushed down. No lights, sound, nor anything that would indicate the laptop is booting.
Is this a good question?