Repair guides and support for LCD e-writer tablets manufactured by Boogie Board.

Boogie Board won't erase

I have an old Boogie Board. It is not a fancy one that you can plug into a computer. I bought it a couple of years ago. It was stored for about a year. Now the screen will not erase. Is there a way to repair it that doesn't cost more than the device?

Mine is not a year yet but my cousin play when I was out and now it's spoiled. I can't erase I changed the battery and it still can't erase

The info about clearing the "deep sleep mode " totally worked for me by pressing the erase button 10 times and I was floored that it cleared the screen.

Didn't work for me. Mine was only used a couple of times. It is 6 weeks old. Amazon won't exchange after 30 days!

I just sent an email. I will post my results.

Why doesn’t the LCD writing surface clear when I push the erase button?

If you are having problems erasing please contact support@kentdisplays.com for help.

I just heard from Boogie Board Mfgr.

They emailed me back within 24 hrs.

They want me to email them a response to a few basic quiestions... date of purchase, etc. And they will send me a replacement, right away~

I found that it helps to pinch the lower right-hand corner of the device when pressing the button. It may even work a few times after that without the pinch, but if it doesn't then pinch again.

This worked on ours. Model WT14029 from Costco.

Mine worked for 2 weeks and then wouldn't clear. Even the company's website said it's probably damaged due to water. I was about to throw it away and write a scathing review on Amazon. Then I saw this and it worked! Thank you!

omg just tried it and it worked thank you!!!

This worked great! Although it's unclear what you consider lower right hand corner. For me it was the upper left. So, I would try all 4 corners.

Worked, Thanks!

The instructions say that it may go into a deep sleep mode and to get it out, you need to repeatedly press the button about 10 times. Hopefully that might help.

This worked for me!! Thank you.

I had to repeatedly push a few more times than 10 but it eventually worked. I hope this isn't something that happens often but I'm not hopeful after reading these posts.

Didn't work for me. :(

I hope it works!!!

Worked the first time then stopped working!!

Hold the left side of the button when u press it will go away the same thing happend to mine.

I tried, but sadly, it doesn't work.

OMG... It worked!!

Well it sorta worked... It just faded.

It worked for me too. Thanks very much. I thought it had got spoilt. WT14029 is my bogie board model number. Pressed the top part of the beside the button. Thanks again.

Thanks everyone...I tried it, but 10x didn't do it, then I did it repeatedly, maybe up to 30x and it finally worked. It's my dad's, and he is deaf and 99...he'll be happy when he gets up in the AM to see it is working again, and we won't have to contact the company!

Model wt14029 started to not erase also. Tried three different batteries but nothing worked. Finally found out after reading some of these reviews, we have to PINCH TOP LEFT corner while pushing the erase button. One of the previous posters was confused about which corner is which. I am considering the top left as the top left as you are viewing the board so you can read the words "boogie board" right side up.

Mine had the same problem and this seemed to fix it .

Upper left (button on top) !!!

...if you can't read the logo anymore ...

I had the same problem and this solution seemed to work. It happened again and now pinching the top left while pressing the button doesn't seem to work anymore. Please help

Can not get anything to work omg

pinching the lower right corner worked the first few times, but now it is no longer working on my sons boogie board. it doesn't have a locking switch, just a button.

I need an answer fast! Should I contact the company to get me a new one

I had the same problem so I emailed the company. They responded quickly and are sending out a replacement. All I had to do was provide the serial number, date and place of purchase, and my address.

Try contacting them. Excellent customer service from what I've experienced

Do you have a phone number for Boogie board?

Carefully remove the sticker "Boogie Board" on top of the screen to access the screws. Open the lid. Carefully remove the solded CR2025 battery and replace it with a new one. Protect it from short-cut and fix it with cellular tape. Close the lid and fix the screws. Reattach the label sticker (if you like).

Yea be careful I broke mine trying that. Didn't matter as none of the other fixes worked but the battery is soldered in.

WT14029 takes CR2016 and NOT CR2025, and NOT soldered, and easily replaceable. WT14029 has a screw on the top edge, which is easily accessible without moving any sticker. Which Boogie Board are you referring to?

You're right! It's CR2016. Thank you for fixing that.

Pinch the upper left corner but if it doesn't work try all corners

Hello, I am a boogie board jot 8.5 owner. The screen was not erasing. I bought a new cr2016 battery. At first, I did not know how to place it. I went on boogieboard.com then user guide and then It showed me how to put the replacement battery. I did not work (The details where not precise enough). Maybe for you it will but for me it didn't. So anyways, it finally worked! but..... It only erased half the screen. I did not remember how I placed it when It erased half the screen so my hopes where gone. I need someone to show me with precise details of how to place the battery for jot 8.5. I need your help! Thank you.

P.S. I hope my little information was helpful

I need an answer, and please, MAKE IT FAST. Thank you

I don't suggest leaving it in one spot for a long time does not work any more

Ok thanks worked out well

I had similar problem with WT10340. Unused new one opened a couple years later after it was received as a gift. Erase was not working at all from the beginning.

I believe that the major problem is that display terminals are loosing contact from PCB after some time. So you should pinch at the point of that contact. There are also two screws around each of those contacts (they should arrange proper pressure at contacts, however this does not seem to work for longer time...) So the best point to pinch is in the middle betwee each couple of screws.

This solution will probably work for some time until those contacts get loose again. Then you will need to pinch again.

If this does not work for you, remove screws, open the cover from electronics and pinch directly on PCB (through those rubber pads). Optionally check the battery, if the problem is not there.

I tried all of the solutions without success. Board is about 1 year old and lightly used. What a disappointment.

AKPJ50 will be eternally grateful.