5th generation of Toyota's modern full-size sedan.

Car will not start, but cranks , no spark

Model: 1991 Camry DX 4 cylinder All Trac

Driving and car just cut off, towed home. No spark to plugs Voltage to distributor,and ignitor, Coil tested off ohms, replaced coil. Replaced EFI relay, and main engine relay , & ignitor , & distributor ,no start Car sat for a few days and started right up drove 2 miles coming home shut down again cranks but no start , Sat for a few days started up ran shortly and cut off . Checked all fuses

you may want to check the ignition module in the distributor this was a common problem in the 91 and 92 check the wire harness that leads from the module out of the distributor and feel the wires for internal breaks. Hope this helps

Your problem could totally unrelated, but I had a chevy silverado truck that would die when running. and just like you i replaced the coil,the distributor cap & rotor and nothing. finally after troubleshooting further it turned out to be the wire harness on the ignition switch. what happens when you crank the ignition....there's a wire that sends the voltage to the coil and in turn to the distributor that delivers the spark. Hope this at least helps you troubleshoot further, Good luck!

My 94 Toyota Camry won't start and it drain the battery when I turn the switch key the light on the dashboard turn of so what should I check for anyone help me on that

I have the same trouble for about four months. I tried everything and spent over $1700.00. I kept messing with it not cranking and one day I pulled up to Auto Zone. It seemed like because my post were on the side of the battery instead of the top and I live and work where I travel over a lot of speed bumps. I bought a new battery and a new "hot" (red) connector because when the battery was cable was loose it messed with my security so my car wouldn't crank at all. Well it worked, I have not had anymore trouble with it. I hope Alex that is an easy fix for you. Good Luck!!

1. Do you attach your car batteries on the side of the battery or the top?

edburak will be eternally grateful.