The Asus Transformer Book T100TA is a full Windows 8.1 hybrid tablet.

Won't power on. Black screen

It was working next day nothing. When plugged in the orange light comes on. If I hold it down a white light then comes on, and flashes like 4 times. I have done all the holding power buttons down with no luck. How can I fix this problem? Thank you

I have a plain black screen with no lights at all

I have blank screen, Orange power light is on, when i press the power the white light comes on but the nothing appears on the screen. Also the LED light is on. I pressed the power button many times

Most Helpful Answer

Plug your tablet in and hold the power and windows button (on the side, below the volume rocker) until the light on top flashes and turns off. Then, turn on your tablet and enjoy.

Yes it worked thank you very much

yes this worked for me also, many thanks. Had to try it a few times, but success.

thank you very very much it helped !!!

Hello, i did as you say. Now the camera light led in the middle of the screen in white appears.

But no result, no Asus logo appears.

What next to do. Pls help me.

Thx for fast reply for an solution.

Asus T100ta with mobile dock 500 gb.

Greetz from Andreas

have the same issue with my t100 AM. The camera light stays white, then i turn it off, then on, the screen becomes a bit lighter but no image.

I have solved the problem. I bought a new mainboard (for the T100TA) via AliExpress and replaced the mainboard inside the Tablet using the guide on this website (Asus Transformer T100 Motherboard Replacement). I am now using the tablet for 2 Months and it works without a problem (even got Win10 on it).

my battery clearly works, as the red/orange light became blue or white and it flashes 3 times when i press it but the machine wont power up.

Im having the same problem. But mine won't come on. I did plug it in the red power button came on I held the power and Windows button until no lights. Then tried to turn on but won't come on.

I loaded too much music and it turned off before I could load the music to my phone then was going to delete off my computer, but now won't turn back on..geez what to do?

i have this same problem after replacing the screen. all the connections are great and ive re-seated the screen, MB and battery connections a couple times but all i get is the back light and a white light flashes 4 times when i press the power button. no image, etc. anyone figure this out?

UPDATE: so the most insane thing I've ever seen and experienced in my IT career - the tablet needs to have the back cover on it in order for it to work. In my case anyway. I left the back cover off cause i wanted to make sure it was going to work before i snapped the cover on. I had given up on getting this to work after replacing the screen and trying everything i saw on the web to get it to show something on the screen and i snapped the cover back on and on a whim pressed the power button and it came on! nuts crazy. works like new. and ASUS wanted me to send it in for a $350 repair. no sir.

Mine still won't turn on. It's been 2 weeks I've tried everything. Not spending $300+ for Asus to repair it either like they told me!!!

Help!

Mine would boot up, but wouldn’t show anything after I logged in, except a black screen. What seems to have worked (on two separate occasions) is holding the power button down for the 30 seconds while plugged in, which in my case turned it on and then turned it off; after that, I tried turning it on normally and it came up fine.

Kellie bennitt will be eternally grateful.