The HP Pavilion dv4-2045dv is also commonly called “Entertainment Notebook PC.” It weights about 5 lbs and its dimensions are about 13 in (L) x 10 in (D) x 1.5 in (H). The outer case and keyboard are white and shiny.

Why doesn't my computer start up when I push the power button?

I charged my laptop with the same power adapter that came with my laptop, but I am still having troubles turning it on.

Does the machine show any lights when plugged in does it do anything at all when you try to start it . are there any post beeps

none that I can find

You may want to reseat the power button cable. Remove the screws on the bottom with a PH0 screwdriver, then use a flathead screwdriver to pry off the upper and lower case. Use a spudger to remove and reseat the ribbon cable that connects the power button.

You may have a faulty battery. This could be due to either a hardware or software problem. You can find out by flashing your BIOS. Follow the instructions to update your BIOS. After your computer has restarted test and see if you updated laptop will power on without being plugged in. If not, you may need to purchase a new battery and install in

either the power switch is bad or the battery is not charged and the power supply is bad

wbw

Sarah Tucker will be eternally grateful.