Replacement guides and repair information for cordless drills and drivers. Cordless drills and drivers use rechargeable batteries, providing similar features to an AC mains-powered drill without the bothersome cord.

Why doesn't my charger work?

• The charger for my Ryobi One plus BCL14181H doesn't work. I took to pieces it and saw that one of resistance and transistor were burned. I replaced the resistance, but i can't see the number of transistor. It would be good if someone makes photos of sceme and of transistor and writes the number of this transistor.

*

*

*

*

*

Thanks for all who will aid with this problem.

Attempting to fix this type of equipment is dangerous, and even deadly. A typical power supply contains capacitors large enough to deliver a significant electrical shock. Any mistakes in resoldering this could result in bad things. You can find out about why here: Device Safety.

Thank you for comment. I know safety rules. I think i waited enough time to discharge capacitors.

mosfet 9565bgh.

I have the same problem, I have 4 chargers with the same part as yours burned, was your repair successful

put a small alli heatsink on it witha bit of silicon when this mosfet goes short it also shorts one of the avalanch diodes two there side by side it can also blow the driver for the switchmode power transformer and also the load resistor along side it . The parts are available on the net

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

It's mosfet 9565bgh.

Thank you! I'll try this transistor.

I have the same problem just different part.

Can someone tell me markings of this chip (IC1)?

Thank you!

ic1 = sg6853 (sg6848)

Hello

This 2x3 pins IC is : 6853H37

Hope this will help

same problem after you fit the new one glue a small piece of alli or something like that as a heatsink.

Where can you buy this part 6853H37 . I have the same problem with my charger but I can't found this part or a datasheet is also nice .

Thanks for help .

Mosfet 9565BGH = Mosfet FDD4685

IRFR5305 should also be suitable for replacement.

My Ryobi Charger Board has problem as below:

- The Diode MBR5200 was short circuit

- The Mosfet Mosfet 9565bgh was burned

- The Zener Diode ZD2 which is closed the Mosfet 9565bgh was burned.

I have replaced the Diode MBR5200 and the Mosfet 9565bgh, but I did not know what is the Zener Diode ZD2 (Regulated Voltage = ?)

Please advise with thanks,

Anh Le

The zener diode voltage should be less than the Drain-Source Breakdown Voltage.

iZD2 = 18volts. I also have a charger that broke due to 9565bgh failure. This really needs a heat sink. Bad design.

Can someone tell me markings of the IC3?

Ic3 is adc2011

Where does the 9565BGH get it’s gate from? My continuity check reveals to be connected to only ZD2 and R11.

• EDIT ***

After some more exploring I have found out that the gate is driven by R12 and Q4. When the 9565BGH blew it must have damaged the copper trace between the gate, ZD2 and R11. To make it work again I had to replace the mosfet, ZD2 and the two MBR5200 schottky diodes ( one was short ciruited and I did not want to take any chance with not replacing the second one) and re-trace from R11 to the gate of the mosfet. I have added the circuit from a small part of the reverse enginered circuitboard. Hope this helps someone.

Seems to be a thing with these chargers. This is what I have failed on this one:

R2 (470 ohm), R3 (220 ohm), R4 (150 ohm), RS1 (0.43 ohm) - all open circuit

Q1 (NDF04N60ZG) - shorted

IC3 (SG6848) - probably blown

The above components are PWM control and the main chopper transistor on the primary side. Normally a blown chopper will take out the main fuse, but there isn’t even one in this design. Instead they rely on RS1 (fusible resistor I’m assuming) to go open when the chopper shorts. This is a really crappy design, since the main filter caps would be a at 400V DC in the fault condition. There’s no bleeder resistor incorporated either, so if you go working on this, make sure you discharge the cap.

D3/D9 (SB5200) - one shorted, other ok. These are the main rectifiers on the secondary side. I’ve seen this go short in other supplies, but good designed ones will shut down the PWM to prevent damage. Not this one it seems.

Q2 (9565BGH) - Shorted (in fact had a hole in it).

Q4 only reads 0.6V on two pins, but I suspect this is actually a zener diode in a SOT346 package. Only see 202 or 702 on the package. Be nice if I had a schematic.

Just an awful design as far as switch modes go. Haven’t seen this much destruction since the old days of self oscillating supplies. Anything with a PWM IC usually has over current/voltage protection to shut everything down. Just a poorly designed and CHEAP supply. I was half through repairing it and I’ve now decided to bin it. It’ll only blow up again.

Nikita will be eternally grateful.