The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is a 10.1-inch Android-based tablet computer and belongs to the second generation of the Samsung Galaxy Tab series.

Tab keeps on rebooting, factory reset not working

Good day! my tablet last night was working fine, i was even able to watch a movie, but all of a sudden after i watch a movie or so, my tablet keeps on restarting every 30 secs. i tried doing factory reset through power button+volume but it doesnt seem to work after I tried it, even when i have the time to go visit settings, when i tap reset it doesnt do anything :( i even tried to delete some apps or change some settings but after it restarts, the settings and apps i change has came back :((( please help i cant lose my tab </3

I have no idea what happened, but it may be possible that the charge is too low, have you tried charging it?

To be honest, this sounds like malware, since the problem started after downloading or streaming a movie. IF the vid was downloaded, delete it if the device stays on long enough for you to do that. You should also delete the internet history and cache memory.

You didn't indicate if you could actually turn the tablet completely off. You have to have the device completely powered off to perform a factory reset. The fact that you've uninstalled apps and they came back tells me that the factory reset was unsuccessful or not done properly. If you've been doing this without powering the tablet completely off, that is probably the reason.

Sorry that I can't be more helpful but hopefully this will get you fixed up. ;-)

I'm having the same problem. I'm able to turn off the tablet just in time between reboots.

I've tried the factory reset through Settings etc. (i was only succesfull doing it this way once) and tried several times, using the Power and Vol-down button. Did not change anything.

Using Wipe cache data, Wipe User data same story.

Also tried to reinstall the firmware using Odin, also not working.

Does anyone have any other suggestions I could try?

I have the same problem I have tried all of it and when I send it to the nearest shop to repair they say it was software problem and they say they couldn't connect to pc and then I don't know what to do pls help me solve this

Well, without knowing the particular make/model of the tablet, youmay need to search for the exact method for doing this, but... Boot into Safe Mode. This does much the same as with your PC, but prevents ALL user-installed apps from starting/running. So only default system apps are active. This is helpful in eliminating your apps/files as the source of the problem, if the problem persists. The downside is that antivirus / anti-malware can't be run in Safe Mode.

This page has details, plus pictures, of two methods for accessing Safe Mode.

http://www.ubergizmo.com/how-to/boot-and...

This is easier than me trying to tell you myself, when something with pictures can do it better. :D

Jas will be eternally grateful.