Released in 2011, the Oster Blend-N-Go My Blend is a single beverage blender. Its model number is BLSTPB-XXX-000, where the "XXX" varies with the color of the device.

Why won't my blades turn?

When ever I get ready to blend everything for a smoothie, I go to turn on the blender and hear motor turn on, but the blades won't move. Why?

Same problem here. It seems as if the set screw, holding the drive wheel in place, is too long. The screw engages the drive mechanism before the driven wheel is seated properly. So, that being said, a shorter set screw is needed from the manufacturer, or I will need to grind down the long set screw to allow the drive wheels to mate as intended.

All this is just my opinion after listening to the motor and drive wheel go crazy and nothing turning on the topside. Plus that dang set screw sticks out further than the driven wheel teeth, hitting the hub of the drive wheel

The blades may not be turning because the blade assembly is not fully tightened onto the blender bottle. Another reason could be that you are not putting the blender bottle and blade assembly into the blender base in the proper way. For more answers visit the Oster Blend-N-Go My Blend troubleshooting page: Oster Blend-N-Go My Blend Troubleshooting

I am having the same issue. Blades do not turn but the motor runs. It even started to smoke some from the base where you insert the bottle. I know the arrows are lined up. Any more suggestions? The troubleshooting didn't help unfortunately. I don't know how to tighten the blade as they suggest but I can say that the blade doesn't feel loose when wiggling it. I've had this not even a month yet.

Take apart base of blender and remove gasket. Put in small pot cover completely with water. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes. Use tongs to remove from boiling water. Put on clean dry dish towel. Try to move blades. The blade should turn, if not they need to be replaced.

This really works. Tried everything blender 2 years old about to trash it. Thank you!!!!!!

I boiled a pot of water, put the stuck blades in a metal bowl and then poured the boiling water over them. I let them sit for about 60 seconds then I quickly reassembled the blender, turned it on and BOOOM! It all worked. Thanks for the tips!

Walter Hernandez will be eternally grateful.