Repair guides and support for Panasonic's Viera line of televisions.

50 panasonic Viera model no.TC-P50C2 won't turn on. red light blinks

red light blinks 5 times. I have done unplugged, cleaned, & blow dried..Nothing. I also tried plugging it in a dif outlet.. HELP ..Anyone? Tammy

different model....but did the trick....thanks

Its Friday night, tv not working, was so brassed off, thank you for the fix!!!

Thanks for providing the trick. Worked great!

My Viera TC-P42x5 would not turn on either. No lights nothing. I took the advice and held the power button for maybe a little longer than 60 seconds and it came on. Great advice thank you. Super Bowl Sunday.......

i got a panasonic tv its not turning on it just shut down and it is not turning on someone please help

Pull the plug and with the power disconnected hold the power button on for 60 seconds. After at least the 60 seconds plug the tv in and try to start it. If it works great if not , hold the power button in the on position for a count of 20 with the tv plugged in . If theres still no Joy try power with one of your volume buttons at the same time . One of these should provide a hard reset for the tv. Hope this helps

Thanks will try.

well jimfixer thank you very much you are the ruler yes

No lu ck so far. Heck the tv repair guy i hired cant ever figure it out.

First suggestion worked! Thanks you SO much...

Power + volume button did the trick for me ... I get the same issue whenever someone hits the standby button, but it will reset again, and otherwise we just turn the TV off via the main power button (which is better for the TV and power usage anyway)

ttibal, get the multimeter out:-)

5 blinks condition can be caused by:

Missing P5V

A short of the P5V

A short of the Vda line (Note: missing Vda from the P board does not cause 5 blinks)

Wrong diagnostic by the D board

check the voltages as indicated. Attached documents will show how to test each one of the boards for the 5 Blink error code.==>> LED-5-Blinks.pdfLED BLinks 5X <<==

My Panasonic 50 inch tv tuts on with a red light flashing but don't show nothing on the screen what can I do

My 50 inch tv has a flashing red light on but shows nothing on the screen

I have the same issue with the TH-L50B6Z not turning on after screen flickers, the red light flashes continuously, all the resets dont seem to do anything

ttlbal will be eternally grateful.