Repair guides and support for Panasonic's Viera line of televisions.

50 panasonic Viera model no.TC-P50C2 won't turn on. red light blinks

red light blinks 5 times. I have done unplugged, cleaned, & blow dried..Nothing. I also tried plugging it in a dif outlet.. HELP ..Anyone? Tammy

different model....but did the trick....thanks

Its Friday night, tv not working, was so brassed off, thank you for the fix!!!

Thanks for providing the trick. Worked great!

My Viera TC-P42x5 would not turn on either. No lights nothing. I took the advice and held the power button for maybe a little longer than 60 seconds and it came on. Great advice thank you. Super Bowl Sunday.......

i got a panasonic tv its not turning on it just shut down and it is not turning on someone please help

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Pull the plug and with the power disconnected hold the power button on for 60 seconds. After at least the 60 seconds plug the tv in and try to start it. If it works great if not , hold the power button in the on position for a count of 20 with the tv plugged in . If theres still no Joy try power with one of your volume buttons at the same time . One of these should provide a hard reset for the tv. Hope this helps

Thanks will try.

well jimfixer thank you very much you are the ruler yes

No lu ck so far. Heck the tv repair guy i hired cant ever figure it out.

First suggestion worked! Thanks you SO much...

Power + volume button did the trick for me ... I get the same issue whenever someone hits the standby button, but it will reset again, and otherwise we just turn the TV off via the main power button (which is better for the TV and power usage anyway)

Do 1 & 2 together.

1] Press and hold in the on/off switch.

2] Press and hold the red button on the hand set for 30 seconds.

This will reset the PANASONIC TV.

This solution cost my £85 and the techy was in and out of my house in 5 minutes!

Robbery.

This worked a treat on mine! Thank you

Hey, was panicking, as I am hopeless with tech. Tried everything to get my tv to switch on. Eventually found your post and it worked . Fantastic advice. Really appreciated your advice!

Thanks. Rob.

really was panicking a bit but your method helped a lot .thank you mate.

THANKS !!! it worked !!! I was panicking here, Friday evening , and no tv ...

Thanks fro sharing your experience and solution with us xx

Thanks to Paul Brabbins I saved myself £85. Problem was with Panasonic TX-L32U3B in the UK. Using the remote to try and turn it on the red light would flash but never turn green. Before searching the web I tried all the obvious stuff. Paul's remedy worked first time and in less than the 30 seconds he mentions. Great! Thanks Paul.

ttibal, get the multimeter out:-)

5 blinks condition can be caused by:

Missing P5V

A short of the P5V

A short of the Vda line (Note: missing Vda from the P board does not cause 5 blinks)

Wrong diagnostic by the D board

check the voltages as indicated. Attached documents will show how to test each one of the boards for the 5 Blink error code.==>> LED-5-Blinks.pdfLED BLinks 5X <<==

ttlbal will be eternally grateful.