keeps saying paper jam but no paper anywhere inside or out.

Nothing was dropped inside and I tried the suggestion to unplug and hit the on button couple of times but no go. I have run out of black ink but don't see why that would produce paper jam error. I have cannon pixma2900 series.

Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Answer

Hidden deep within the manual is the 'bottom plate cleaning' procedure. This takes a piece of (new) paper with a crease, and sweeps out the paper path. It is meant to remove extra ink from the bottom plate, but may also remove paper blocking a sensor that would be detected as a jam.

See the manual, OR (copy and paste):

Cleaning the Inside of the Machine (Bottom Plate Cleaning)

Remove stains from the inside of the machine. If the inside of the machine becomes dirty, printed paper may get dirty, so we recommend performing cleaning regularly.

You need to prepare: a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper*

• Be sure to use a new piece of paper.

Make sure that the power is turned on and remove any paper from the rear tray.

Prepare paper.

Fold a single sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in half widthwise, then unfold the paper.

Load only this sheet of paper in the rear tray with the open side facing you.

Pull out the paper output tray and the output tray extension.

Hold down the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes eight times, then release it immediately.

The paper cleans the inside of the machine as it feeds through the machine.

Check the folded parts of the ejected paper. If they are smudged with ink, perform Bottom Plate Cleaning again.

Note

When performing Bottom Plate Cleaning again, be sure to use a new piece of paper.

Nope didn't take paper in after holding for 8 .... Returned error paper jam. It started to go but it seems that there is this bar that comes passed the rollers is kicking the paper out. This bar is also making much racket.

That's not good. It's likely that it's a guide rail just beyond the paper feed rollers that has broken or otherwise dropped out of position. If you can't get it back in place...call the service hotline. Canon can be very helpful; they replaced a printer for me that had a failed power supply, and didn't even want the original printer. You may have a different result, of course. Good luck!

I'll try that ... Ty so much David for your help

My pleasure. It's not hard to do...although it has been a long time since I have done one ;)

i tried ur suggestion but i coulndt even get it to blink 8x..

I have the same problem. There was a paper jam

but I cleared it. No joy. Have dis-assemled the unit

twice and THERE IS NO JAM. Software problem?

Can the software be replaced/updated?

I wish I knew. My Canon MG2920 is doing the same exact thing, and none of the suggestions helped. I do appreciate everyone's help on this board :-)

Debby Mullen will be eternally grateful.