keeps saying paper jam but no paper anywhere inside or out.

Nothing was dropped inside and I tried the suggestion to unplug and hit the on button couple of times but no go. I have run out of black ink but don't see why that would produce paper jam error. I have cannon pixma2900 series.

Any suggestions?

and always false printing paper coming out

Most Helpful Answer

Hidden deep within the manual is the 'bottom plate cleaning' procedure. This takes a piece of (new) paper with a crease, and sweeps out the paper path. It is meant to remove extra ink from the bottom plate, but may also remove paper blocking a sensor that would be detected as a jam.

See the manual, OR (copy and paste):

Cleaning the Inside of the Machine (Bottom Plate Cleaning)

Remove stains from the inside of the machine. If the inside of the machine becomes dirty, printed paper may get dirty, so we recommend performing cleaning regularly.

You need to prepare: a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper*

• Be sure to use a new piece of paper.

Make sure that the power is turned on and remove any paper from the rear tray.

Prepare paper.

Fold a single sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in half widthwise, then unfold the paper.

Load only this sheet of paper in the rear tray with the open side facing you.

Pull out the paper output tray and the output tray extension.

Hold down the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes eight times, then release it immediately.

The paper cleans the inside of the machine as it feeds through the machine.

Check the folded parts of the ejected paper. If they are smudged with ink, perform Bottom Plate Cleaning again.

Note

When performing Bottom Plate Cleaning again, be sure to use a new piece of paper.

Nope didn't take paper in after holding for 8 .... Returned error paper jam. It started to go but it seems that there is this bar that comes passed the rollers is kicking the paper out. This bar is also making much racket.

That's not good. It's likely that it's a guide rail just beyond the paper feed rollers that has broken or otherwise dropped out of position. If you can't get it back in place...call the service hotline. Canon can be very helpful; they replaced a printer for me that had a failed power supply, and didn't even want the original printer. You may have a different result, of course. Good luck!

I'll try that ... Ty so much David for your help

My pleasure. It's not hard to do...although it has been a long time since I have done one ;)

i tried ur suggestion but i coulndt even get it to blink 8x..

by the looks of it............GET a HAMMER

buy a new one

Have had mine for 2 months and came up with this error. I tried everything from power cycling it to reinstalling the software. Finally decided to try and roll the paper feed rollers by hand and it corrected the error. When looking inside the printer you can see these rollers, do not touch the rollers themselves but look over to the side and you’ll see the gears that roll them, roll these a couple of times slowly. My best guess is that the motor that rolls these must get stuck at a certain spot in its cycle and causes the software to react as a paper jam when really the motor just needs be rolled out of that position.

I am practically crying right now because your simple advice was so helpful! I have a Canon MG3600 that had a paper jam last weekend. I *now* know how careful to be when clearing printer paper jams, but your simple fix saved me from having to purchase another new printer! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Thank you very much. Your advice works for me. Super thank you.

I wish I knew. My Canon MG2920 is doing the same exact thing, and none of the suggestions helped. I do appreciate everyone's help on this board :-)

General advice on ALL copier/’printer jams…a WHOLE piece of paper in should equal a WHOLE piece of paper out. No printing device has a capability to “absorb” a stray scrap of paper. Typically, a small scrap of paper will come to rest at or near a sensor or a sensor arm (also called a flag). A “paper jam”, in most home printers, does not necessarily mean that verbatim. It’s also used as a “kitchen drawer” descriptor for anything short of software, print head or other circuity issues. Always do the following at jam-time: 1) If your unit gives a sequential removal/clearing tutorial, follow it. 2)….grab any piece of paper to be removed using BOTH HANDS,-pull EVENLY with both hands, steady pressure. If the paper begins to tear STOP, try to re-grip closer to the nip (where the two rollers meet) of the rollers, and try again. Yes, I know this seems like it takes far longer than simply yanking out the offending piece, But you won’t be left without a printer because of a scrap floating around inside.,.AND MOST IMPORTANTLY,,,Always attempt to remove paper in the same direction it was travelling. It will not always be possibly to do this. At those times, try to observe anything the paper is touching as you remove it-it is relatively easy to generate sufficient force to knock a sensor flag out of position.

ALL COPIERS AND PRINTERS——-sense jams this way…..X amount of time to be picked up from the tray, and arrive at it’s first check point, and from there, to it’s next check point. That process is repeated the entire distance through the paper path. If it fails to get there on time, VIOLA!….Le Jam.

CLEAN YOUR ROLLERS…Yes, you can do it!. Use alcohol (insert joke here)and a scrub sponge…not for some types of “foam” rollers nowadays. If you put alcohol on rubber rollers, they will get clean , and will feed the paper properly. Before you clean the rollers, feel them. If they are slippery-smooth, they are too dirty, or too old. If too old, they will become sticky when cleaned, and wont become “un-sticky” for a while, if at all.

Try to never run pre-printed paper thru again. Yes, many companies say it is OK…….IT IS DEFINITELTY NOT !!!! Every piece fed thru will leave some residue on the rollers, and pre-printed ink is worse than toner. Over a brief period, the residue builds up….then the jams start because the paper is slipping, and not quite getting to its next check point. Once the roller become impregnated, they are history. Cleaning will only be a very temporary fix.

I was a Canon Tech for many years,… hope this helps you all.

Canon has an excellent end-user advice forum….when in doubt…

I have the same problem. There was a paper jam

but I cleared it. No joy. Have dis-assemled the unit

twice and THERE IS NO JAM. Software problem?

Can the software be replaced/updated?

Having the same problem. I did have a paper jam. I got all the paper out of the jam from all three angles. When it takes the paper, it crinkles it up and says no paper. My daughter has a project do thats already late and I'm not sure what to do ..Canon Pixma(mg6821)

I had a similar problem twice, both times my wife had put a hair tie on top of the printer and it got knocked into the paper tray and fed into the bottom of the printer. I found it the first time after I was about to throw the thing away and it fell out when I turned it upside down . The second time I looked for it took the top off to get the thing out, but after reconnecting and assembling the printer gives a printer error with power light and alarm light alternating with 5 flashes of power light after hitting the power button when you go to turn it off. Looks like it is headed to the trash after all.

We tried everything...then I noticed dirt on my glass, so there was also some dirt on bottom where you insert paper, we tipped printer over twice tried to shake all the dirt out and put the folded paper and did what the instructions said to do and guess what??? It started working and I had just told my husband time to use the hammer or get a new one...This are really dirt sensitive... Hope it works for you, it worked for us...

I have a Canon TS8020 Printer that showed the Error Code 1300 paper jam with no paper in it. After wiggling everything inside that I could reach, I remover the CD printing tray and the issue went away. It had nothing to do with paper.

Hope this helps.

Trex

Just found an answer to this if anyone else is interested. Just try updating the printer driver on your computer. Then disable/enable it afterwards. Worked for me. I have a Cannon Pixma IP-2770 series.

Sometimes there is paper stuck at printer or printer saying the paper is jam and many more issues like that.

To fix all these issues with printer follow this guide and see if this works for you.

·         First, unplug the printer from power and wait for 1 min then restart the printer.

·         Please don’t pull the paper out from a jam in the opposite direction this will create more issues.

·         Just go check to make sure there is no loose paper stuck in the loading tray.

·         You can also take out the paper roller and clean paper roller using a cotton cloth.

·         Try moving the print head to the left and restart the printer and see if this work.

·         Restart the computer or the device that you are trying to print with and restart the printer and see if this works.

Debby Mullen will be eternally grateful.