keeps saying paper jam but no paper anywhere inside or out.

Nothing was dropped inside and I tried the suggestion to unplug and hit the on button couple of times but no go. I have run out of black ink but don't see why that would produce paper jam error. I have cannon pixma2900 series.

Any suggestions?

and always false printing paper coming out

Most Helpful Answer

Hidden deep within the manual is the 'bottom plate cleaning' procedure. This takes a piece of (new) paper with a crease, and sweeps out the paper path. It is meant to remove extra ink from the bottom plate, but may also remove paper blocking a sensor that would be detected as a jam.

See the manual, OR (copy and paste):

Cleaning the Inside of the Machine (Bottom Plate Cleaning)

Remove stains from the inside of the machine. If the inside of the machine becomes dirty, printed paper may get dirty, so we recommend performing cleaning regularly.

You need to prepare: a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper*

• Be sure to use a new piece of paper.

Make sure that the power is turned on and remove any paper from the rear tray.

Prepare paper.

Fold a single sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in half widthwise, then unfold the paper.

Load only this sheet of paper in the rear tray with the open side facing you.

Pull out the paper output tray and the output tray extension.

Hold down the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes eight times, then release it immediately.

The paper cleans the inside of the machine as it feeds through the machine.

Check the folded parts of the ejected paper. If they are smudged with ink, perform Bottom Plate Cleaning again.

Note

When performing Bottom Plate Cleaning again, be sure to use a new piece of paper.

Nope didn't take paper in after holding for 8 .... Returned error paper jam. It started to go but it seems that there is this bar that comes passed the rollers is kicking the paper out. This bar is also making much racket.

That's not good. It's likely that it's a guide rail just beyond the paper feed rollers that has broken or otherwise dropped out of position. If you can't get it back in place...call the service hotline. Canon can be very helpful; they replaced a printer for me that had a failed power supply, and didn't even want the original printer. You may have a different result, of course. Good luck!

I'll try that ... Ty so much David for your help

My pleasure. It's not hard to do...although it has been a long time since I have done one ;)

i tried ur suggestion but i coulndt even get it to blink 8x..

by the looks of it............GET a HAMMER

buy a new one

I wish I knew. My Canon MG2920 is doing the same exact thing, and none of the suggestions helped. I do appreciate everyone's help on this board :-)

I have the same problem. There was a paper jam

but I cleared it. No joy. Have dis-assemled the unit

twice and THERE IS NO JAM. Software problem?

Can the software be replaced/updated?

Having the same problem. I did have a paper jam. I got all the paper out of the jam from all three angles. When it takes the paper, it crinkles it up and says no paper. My daughter has a project do thats already late and I'm not sure what to do ..Canon Pixma(mg6821)

I had a similar problem twice, both times my wife had put a hair tie on top of the printer and it got knocked into the paper tray and fed into the bottom of the printer. I found it the first time after I was about to throw the thing away and it fell out when I turned it upside down . The second time I looked for it took the top off to get the thing out, but after reconnecting and assembling the printer gives a printer error with power light and alarm light alternating with 5 flashes of power light after hitting the power button when you go to turn it off. Looks like it is headed to the trash after all.

We tried everything...then I noticed dirt on my glass, so there was also some dirt on bottom where you insert paper, we tipped printer over twice tried to shake all the dirt out and put the folded paper and did what the instructions said to do and guess what??? It started working and I had just told my husband time to use the hammer or get a new one...This are really dirt sensitive... Hope it works for you, it worked for us...

I have a Canon TS8020 Printer that showed the Error Code 1300 paper jam with no paper in it. After wiggling everything inside that I could reach, I remover the CD printing tray and the issue went away. It had nothing to do with paper.

Hope this helps.

Trex

Just found an answer to this if anyone else is interested. Just try updating the printer driver on your computer. Then disable/enable it afterwards. Worked for me. I have a Cannon Pixma IP-2770 series.

Debby Mullen will be eternally grateful.