The Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic have all the performance and comfort of the acclaimed Apple iPod Earphones plus convenient buttons that let you adjust volume, control music and video playback and even answer or end calls on your iPhone.

I'm losing sound in left ear piece

I got my ear buds over a year ago (Jan. 09) and just the other day, the sound in the left ear-piece would be full power, but then flutter and get quieter, then back to normal again. I don't know if it is a wire problem or the ear piece's speaker. I know it is not the audio jack.

Yeah, your right about the wiring inside the ear piece.

Carefully pull away the plastic part that fits closest to your ear away from the stalk part.

You will either find that the wire may have become slightly un-soldered and is not getting good enough contact with the plate or that the wire has completely detached and is just barely / occasionally touching the contact.

Re-solder and fixed.

Sorry i need to elaborate.

There will be 2 wires inside, both with their own solder points, should be obvious where they are by the locations of the solder.

One will have become damaged, i say only one, as if both were damaged then you wouldn't get any sound at all.

The problem has been fixed and I didn't do anything (at least it's fixed for now). I failed to mention that the problem started after the earbuds got wet in the rain. I think once all the moisture dried up in the earpiece, it operated fine. Thanks for the answer though.

i had the same problem it drove me crazy tried 5 differant headsets even open it up.to check... eventually discovered if you go to settings... general ... accessibility go to mono... and turn if on dont ask me why when you press mono both earpieces work i think the software is set up in reverse anyway worked for me

play around with wires, clean the tip from oxyidation, then if that dont work, buy a new one. I had the same problem; i cleaned the tip connector and tugged the wires a bit. It fixed it.

John McWaters will be eternally grateful.