The Epson WF-2540 is an all-in-one color inkjet printer.

Image won't print at all

I can't get an image to print despite completing nozzle check, head cleaning and head alignment,

Ink levels show ok, paper comes through with no image

I have exactly the same problem and the Epsom support team are useless. I've bought new cartridges and done all the cleaning and aligning in the world. Nothing works.

The Epson support team told me to do the same as you; it did not work; I looked for someone to clean the nozzles with no success. I was told that if I found someone it would cost more than purchasing an entirely new machine. So my Epson is in the garbage.

I have the exact same problem it used to print now it won't. It's driving me mad. I've done everything , it just won't print.

Unfortunately, when I purchased my all-in-one-printer, HP did not have any that were similar. HP has always given me good service. I realize this remark is useless in regard in Epson.

Have the exact same problem, even bought new ink thinking that was the problem. Have had the machine for about 5 months, hardley ever use it. I'm furious and frustrated with this stupid machine. I will never purchase epson again

Most Helpful Answer

I was having this problem as well. Nothing but blank pages coming out of my printer. After first making sure my drivers were up to date off off Epson's website. I contacted Epson and they asked if I had done a head cleaning and nozzle check (these can be done through your Maintenance Topic on Menu) and I said yes I had with no help. They had me run it again and the colors came through. Then I ran a third time and the color were even better. Then a fourth time and even better. Here is my verdict: If you are having blank page problems run a head cleaning more than once. It helped me after multiple runs. Hope this helps.

Thanks this did the trick!!

Yes, it worked, performed nozzle check and head cleaning for the n th time.

trying now hope this works lol

Did it a dozen times, still no results.

Would not have believed it if I didn't see it, But worked after the 8th time of running the head cleaning and nozzle check! Thanks for this thread, I was Almost ready to smash this WF-2650 to peaces after owning the printer for about 1 year with very little use! Noticed after doing the head cleaning the levels of all ink cartridges dropped to 1/2 after just putting in New XL genuine Epson brand.... I printed 2 pages in Black and White and just a few lines of each color, So where did all the ink go?

The printer we owned before this one was a cheap HP that lasted 4 years and broke only because it was knocked off the table. I will be buying HP brand next time.

Hello Nelson , excuse my english because i'm an algerian, i would like to help you, if i understand your problem ,even if your ink is ok and your paper too , the paper still white without impression, i have an idea for you, you know when you make a cleaning of noozles or when you charge new cartridges in the machine there is a pump which the role is to pump ink through noozles so i advice you to check this side of your printer, and mostly a pipe who is fixed under the carriage in one side and in other side to the vacuum pump, sometimes this tube is disconnected from the (charriot en francais) carriage of parking , so when you believe that you are making a charging ink or a cleaning , the ink doesn't move through noozles and the head it's empty of ink therefore you have not impression even if the head moves like she does normally,and also this pipe can be clogged with dry ink, so you have to assure that he is not clogged, to do this easily, look at the back of the printer you 'll find a little door, open it and you'll see a grey little pipe ,so remove it and put it toward the outside and put under it a bottle or something like this to keep the ink while you clean or you put on your printer,if ink came out from this tube you have a proof that your tube is well fixed and your pump ok,but if no ink came out you have your answer remove and fix the pipe correctly, so i'll be happy to help you, and i hope that you 'll able to fix your problem! if you want to ask me other questions this is my mail

Sorry this is my mail , i'll enjoy to have news about your repair Good luck ! hadsof2002@yahoo.fr

My WF2540 does not have a trap door in the back or anywhere I can see.

Loved the idea of checking the pump...if I could find how to get to it!

I actually made the solution to soak the print heads about 4 times one day and about 3 times today, to see if it would melt the clog. No black ink when printing.

No one should have to perform such tasks to be able to use a WiFi printer. Epson 2540 uses crazy amounts of ink if it works but most often it doesn't print so no worries on replacing more ink!!!! Piece of garbage printer Epson WiFi 2540 !!!!

Have been able to air print and print directly from computer maybe 4 times since buying this useless printer over 4 years ago. I actually got it to copy yesterday for first times in months but now print is extremely large and I never made that adjustment. Plus the ink needs to be replaced way too often. Put all new cartridges in two months age thinking that might help. No! Nothing. And now three cartridges are low? I am not a computer geek but nothing adds up. I think the best idea is just toss the Epson 2450 WiFi air jet printer in the recycling bin. More than frustrated. VWB

PS. Even if one was super savvy on computer issues, why should you have to spend more time fixing a printer than you do typing your best selling manuscript? Absolute waste of hard earned money!!!!!!! Do not consider buying this piece of garbage printer. My toner printer was much more reliable. It never failed me.

What a useless printer 2540. All complaints I read are the same!

Time to toss it and by a consumer recommended one.

My printer s two won't print at all. Very frustrating.

i AM super savvy on computer issues. I'm 3rd level tech support for a large company. I will NEVER buy Epson or Brother again. Epson makes great commercial POS printers but that has not translated into high-quality products for SOHO.

I found the answer - someone said on another site that this printer can not run 64 - you have to install 32 so I just installed the 32 bit program and am going through the prompts - printed the test page and it works. I have a printer that prints now. It doesn't print that great actually but it's printing. I think from all the cleaning the other inks are low now but they should work.

try this

http://www.inkmagic.com/shopcontent.asp?...

I had the SAME issue with my WF-2650 which I purchased less that 1-yr ago.

Even though I had just recently purchased a large quantity of ink for it, I was ready to throw it away.

I patiently ran the nozzle clean time and time again.

After about 15 nozzle cleanings... I prints perfectly.

BTW: I know where you can purchase "CHEEP" ink cartridges for this printer.

They are about 80% less cost than ones purchased at office supply stores.

First I cleaned the printer nozzle. That didn't work. Then I cleaned the printer head. My printer started printing again. I would try that.

did you manually clean the printer head? or did you run it through the printer command? I've done this multiple times and still doesn't work.

Ran the printer's function to clean printhead nozzle three times. Back up and running! Thanks all for posting

I am having the same issue and at first, I liked the conveniency of printing out paper through your phone, laptop, and other devices. At first it was quick and it got the job done. Now, I noticed that it doesn't print, I had ink already and when I was trying to clean the nozzle, for some reason it took all my ink and I had to buy a new one. I noticed it did it again and it work a little, now I am buying new ones to see if this time it will work. Epson Representive did explain to me that if the printer isn't used for a while, the ink dries up, making it hard to print. I will not purchase any Epson or recommend Epson to anyone anymore. Same for my Mother's printer did the same thing.

we spend 3 hours trying to fix the same problem but this piece of "shout" machine is not good at all and people that bought an EPSON printer should be reimburse their money .

Nelson Ferguson will be eternally grateful.