The Kindle's big brother, the DX sports a large 9.7" e-ink display that reads like real paper even in bright sunlight.

Kindle 2 or DX 5-Way Switch Replacement Part Number (s)

Are there part numbers for any of the switches on the right hand side of the unit? In particular the 5-way switch!

Hey Steve, it's hard to find those. Amazon doesn't manufacture this anymore but I was able to find one here. I don't think that there are part numbers for the 5-Way Switch.

-Let me know if this helps.

-Please accept this as the answer if it answered the question.

Most Helpful Answer

That ebay search revealed nothing useful.

I have been thinking of solving this common problem for everyone. I have two Kindle DX's, one with the rubber button cover still intact. I can take the "intact" button to the a Maker's Space here in Philly, and they can 3D print the mold. The company next door to them can injection mold the rubbery plastic.

Most of the cost is setup / engineering, so I would like to know if I made 100 of these covers, would I be able to sell them all, and recover my costs? I am hoping something like $25, if I get enough interest.

I’d buy one. It frustrates me that the only thing wrong with my husband’s kindle is that the five-Way controller cracked and fell apart. You’d have to tell me how to install it, though.

I know this is an old post, but my 5 way switch just broke. Did you make any and if so, do you have any left?

Steve D will be eternally grateful.