Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H200 is a digital camera. This device is capable of taking photos and recording HD video in 720p. The model year for this camera is 2013.

Lens is stuck and camera won't turn on properly?

Basically i was using my camera as usual when the picture went extremely blurry. I turned it off to turn it back on again but the lens stayed out, which it has never done before. It now won't turn on properly, it just shows the 'Cyber-Shot' start screen and the lens is still extended. Really need this fixing as my father not long passed away and this was the last birthday present he ever got me and i also make youtube videos, there are many reasons this camera is important to me and i'd really appreciate any help!

i have the same problem and wont turn on.my sony DSC-HX80 wont turn on and the lens is still open.its not out of battery snd i tried plugging it it wont turn on

Do you resolve your problem ?

I have same problem with DSC-HX90V and Sony's instruction book and troubleshooting are useless - battery is fully charged and camera is frozen closed - had this problem some years ago with Sony SureShot so i will not touch Sony ever again

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

danaandersen , the reason for this "It now won't turn on properly" is because something is interfering with the lens extension mechanism. Check on here for some more information and potential fixes. Personally I have had not much luck with those and replaced the lenses on cameras. Definitely worth a try.

thank you so much!

I had the same problem with my Sony a5000. My lens was stuck and the screen on the back was black, even though it would turn on and off. My battery seemed to be overheating, so I took it out for about an hour, popped it back in, and then pressed the Menu button for 5 seconds and then turned on the camera. My problem was solved after that and everything seems to be working fine for now.

This worked for me!!! Thanks! :)

Glad to hear it worked! :)

Hi, i had exact same problem. If reset does not work, try this. When u turn it on can u feel your camera trying to pull lens in? Its part of its start up function. This worked with my wife's.

1. Push on button, and listen.

2. When motor stops and u cant hear it, pop battery and replace fast, and turn on again.

3. Repeat this process a few times, my wife's went in and worked fine on the 4th or 5th try.

Hope this helps

I just had that same problem. I turned my cam off, took the battery out & put it back in quick, then turned it on & it was working just fine after that. Hope it works for you.

The only answer to the question was you have to change the battery or else you have to recharge to fully..Next is you put your fingers on power button and picture shot button and press at a time .Try like that.put some pressure on lens also..Don't put much effort..Good luck

I have the same problem did you get any solution?

After viewing a video of someone with the same problem, I tried gently yanking on the lens. It worked! It closed itself after a couple of tugs. It's working fine now.

good morning sir, sony cyber shot dsc-hx1 lens stuck, please solution

My camera is new, had it yesterday so the battery is still working fine.

I was able to take pictures earlier today but when I zoomed in, focusing became a problem, it couldn't take clear pictures and so I turned it off.

When I turned it on, it showed me cybershot and nothing else worked.

I tried removing the battery and putting it in, still didn't work.

I tried to reset, it didn't work. Still showing me cybershot

I noticed the battery is hot.... Please what can I do?

danaandersen will be eternally grateful.