Guides and support for various TV brands and styles.

Teac TV won't turn on

Teac LED digital TV won't turn on even when switched on and off at wall, back of TV or usin remote. Checked batteries and connection all fine. The red indicator light is on but won't "catch" when the on button is pressed.

It started doing this a month or two ago but weirdly if I kept trying (on/ off at wall or on back of TV and pressing the on button on remote) it would eventually "catch" and then on - but delayed - 5 or 10 minutes after I tried. The red light would flick a bit and then go green and turn on. Now it has stopped doing this at all

Should I buy a new TV or is this easy enough to fix?

I actually had the back off mine and didn't think to look.

Is there a 6V DC button battery in there, similar to a PC?

I occurred to me that battery might be flat - they eventually go flat in a PC.

I reassembled the TV and tested on the bench. It worked...

But failed again when I connected the antenna back where the TV usually sits.

Otherwise I am up for a new TV in the morning. :)

https://www.Abctay.com is an online shop ,

We sell television and electrical accessories,all kinds of TV power supply board, logic board, TV LED screen,

TV LCD screen, mobile phone screen, as well as various types of electronic tools,tv parts power supply,LCD,ccfl ,

LED,OLED,lcd panels,HMI,Inverter,LCD screen,lg screen,display screen,lcd monitor,lg lcd, lg monitor ,flat screen ,

touch screen,hmi,bulb,samsung, innolux ,Mitsubishi,philips, hitachi,auo,innolux,Planar, toshiba, siemens,chi mei,Weinview,

Infineon,industrial LCD,industrial control, sharp monitor,vigor plc,delta, mitsubishi lcd,omron plc,etc.

Sam will be eternally grateful.