Revamped version of the iPhone 3G with faster processing speeds. Repair of this device is similar to the 3G, and requires simple screwdrivers and prying tools. Model A1303 / 16 or 32 GB capacity / black or white plastic back.

Replaced Glass Front Panel and now touch screen isn't working properly

I replaced the front panel (Glass only) of my iphone 3gs. Now when I start it, I can only slide pages. When I push a button it doesn't activate the right icon. It seems to be off to the left.

Most Helpful Answer

this is an almost common issue with touchscreens. i would try reseat the connector - if that won't work, hard reset the iphone (press and hold the sleep and the home button at the same time until the iphone restarts, maybe restoring helps - but if none of that works, replace the frontpanel

Do you think that buying a cheaper front panel on ebay for $11 would have anything to do with this? It looked legit and had all the tools and adhesive. But maybe the quality just isn't there.

i think the market an be devided in genuine and cloned. you can't buy new genuine parts - that means that new parts are cloned parts. if i need a touch panel or something like that, i always order more than i need at the moment - that way the chance to get a working one is simply higher ;-)

Where would u recommend that I purchase a new Front Panel for an IPhone 3gs?

depending pn your location, you could support ifixit. but the offer you've seen is very good, i always get my stuff from ebay - but i'm from germany, so ordering from ifixit would make no sense for me - when i need it, i need it fast. fast shipping from i fixit would cost me more than 30$ and i can't tell my customers that i ordered the touchscreen for 80$ when they see something like that for 11 or 15 on ebay - so ebay is the way to go - in my case

cwrestoration will be eternally grateful.