:( HELP! How do I fix a small dent on iPhone 6?

Hi IFIXIT,

Bad news! CRUD!!!!!! Yesterday I just dropped my new naked iPhone 6... I left it in my hoodie's left pocket while I was at my job, I ducked and reached down to get an ingredient to make something and IT FREAKIN' SLIPPED and hit the tile floor lightly and it made a small DENT!!!! Ughhh the worst day ever.... I almost LOST IT.. I was just glad it's still fully functional and works.. also, luckily it just a really small fall on the edge side with no screen crack or any malfunctions... BUT I still felt extremely bummed afterwards. So what I am unfortunately left with is a small nasty dent scratch... It's not very noticeable but it sure as heck noticeable to me. Every time I think of my iPhone, bam I think about that darn dent.. HORRIBLE.. It is a constant reminder of how I seriously messed up and should've left it in my pocket that is bigger and gotten a protector case immediately after buying the iPhone 6.... :(

Is there ANY WAY, HOPE, to fix this problem? Sanding? Replacement? Send to a cellphone shop for repairs? Online repairs? Replacements? Anything?? I would do anything to get rid of those dents. Sadly, I have no insurance for the iPhone... so I can't just go back and get a new one or w/e.. Blah, I feel extremely miserable right now; you guys don't understand.. Thing is, during the time I thought if I keep my grip on it very well, be very cautious with it, I will not drop it at all until the protector case comes from mail so I can put it on.... but I made the stupid mistake of putting it in a small hoodie pocket NEW and NAKED...!!! And it dropped on it's own..... THE MADNESS! LESSON LEARNED!!! I WILL NEVER PUT ANYTHING expensive and unprotected IN MY HOODIE POCKET EVER AGAINNNN.. BAHHHH this is driving me so CRAZY and INSANE! Sorry for venting guys, it's just sooooo frustrating and sad... a $750 phone and bam, I dropped it already.... UNBELIEVABLE... *SIGH*

Thank you guys for taking the time to hear me out on this one.. You guys must've had enough of my rage-ranting lol..

Alright... so I want to get to the bottom of this... how do I fix the dent? There's gotta be a way... any advice and help on what to do next would seriously, greatly be appreciated guys... I would do whatever it takes to get it that rounded edge that has a small little dent restored and back to normal-looking again....

-William

I keep dropping my pink iPhone 5c on the floor and I have about five big chips on the back of my iPhone is there anyway I can fix it or get it replaced.

Get a new phone

Most Helpful Answer

Unfortunately since the metal is already bent and stretched, trying to bend it back will most likely just stretch it more. Only real option is to replace the housing -- the cool thing about doing so is that there are tons of options for customizing and personalizing your phone if you want to go that route. Of course, you can always replace it with a standard Apple housing (gold, space gray, silver).

I did a couple here:

https://goo.gl/uzc7dc

https://goo.gl/oqF6q1

If you want more info let me know!

I was walking and my iPhone 6 slipped out my pucket and now has a dent in corner and gold removed from back what do I do

Jason, that's some great work there!

Hi Jason, I just wanted to know what was the size of the gems on the gold iPhone 6s?? And how did you stick it on? Thank you

How much would new housing be?

Get over it! Your phone will be out of date in a couple years and you will be getting a brand new one. Don't stress over the small things in life. You should be grateful to even be able to own an iPhone 6 and be alive and healthy.

Did you make an account just to post this?

Well what if you just got the newest phone with your last savings and your sooooooooo excited about it and then next thing you know you stupid annoying dog comes running to your new phone and just slammed it on the tile right after you gave the dog a whole bunch of treats and woke up at 7:30 in the morning for that dog and just so he can ruin your new phone that you spent literally ALL of your money on would that be A LITTLE thing then THINk WBOUT IT NOW:(

Other option is to purchase a iPhone that is iCloud locked or has a broken screen on eBay. Remove your motherboard and put into the new phone. This is much easier than replacing the housing because all the major parts are there. Plus there are some easy to follow guides on here to do this repair. Otherwise check with some repair shops in your area they may have a iPhone 6 laying around and they would swap the motherboard for you.

is it ok if the icloud locked iphone is a different storage size than my bent iphone?

i use a tool called a G-Tool . its specially designed for iPhones. although expensive at around £60 for each tool

All these answers are too difficult. I just dropped my own phone today and it left a giant dent near the screen. All u need is: model magic, paint, a white gel pen, eyeshadow and nail polish top coat. Put the model magic where the dent is. paint it over with the Color of your phone. Smudge white gel pen on it and let it dry, put on eyeshadow also the color of the phone, then the topcoat, put that on a few times. TADA ur welcome

Well I dont like the risk of smudging the aluminium even more...

I have the same problem on my iPhone 6S plus rose gold,but I have small solution for it ( I have put the same color rose gold nail polish on it ) now it looks pretty good,but I am also unsatisfied & I have put a metal case for protection on it.

My iPhone 6 have a dint and it won't come on it turn off.

NeonAera will be eternally grateful.