The fourth iteration of the 10.1 inch Galaxy Tab tablet. Available in both Wi-Fi and 4G/LTE.

Won't turn on at all

My tablet will not turn on no matter how long I hold down the power button and I try charging it and nothing happens.

this is happening to my tab 4 10.1 inch my tab is about 8 months no water damage i only use this tab about 5 times or less my son drop it on the floor and from there the tab woulnt turn on or do nothing anybody knows??

Most Helpful Answer

Nothing happened to it

It was new about 3 months ago

Was on charge then when i checked it nothing not even power to it

It's happened to me too

Did anything happen to it prior to this? Water damage? a fall? unauthorised software installation?

How old is it and was it brought new or refurbished?

These answers would help us answer your issue.

Thanks,

Will

same thing happened with mine. Just stopped working

Best Buy said it would cost more to repair it and I should buy a new one.

That's the purpose of Geek Squad, to sell warranties and new products. Geek Squad are not computer techs!

I have the same problem(s) with my Tab 4 also, Model # SM-530-NU, welcome to the club! I went to 6 different repair shops (STAPLES, BEST BUY, OFFICE DEPOT, FRY'S AND MOBILE KANGAROO) all say the same thing we don't fix them just throw them away, unreal! Then they refurbish them and sell for $224.00 (U.S.), Samsung Customer service, after 2 hours on the phone, they wanted $296.00 up front and you send it to them and said it would cost $71.00 for battery replacement plus labor cost and $196 for motherboard, plus labor. Well I was fit to be tied, they could care less about their defective products after it was out of warranty(1 year). Always take out additional coverage on any electronic foreign made garbage today. Keep all your records on everything you buy today.

They have some good ideas on here, sometimes the battery connector (INSIDE UNIT) comes LOOSE and you have to open the unit. If your not handy, find some handsome guy to fix it for you. It's tricky, right tools and parts, a handsome nerd to fix it for you. When it come to reality, these so called techs(most) in these above stores don't know nothing about tablets (repairs) at all. Enough said!

NormG

Sauna Smith will be eternally grateful.