The Iron Horse Warrior Race model is a 27-speed hard-tail mountain bike with a Aluminium (Alloy 6061) frame and 26" wheels. This model was released in 2005.

Why isn't my bike shifting?

When I shift through my gears it won't switch to every gear. Sometimes it skips a gear or won't shift at all.

Your shifting troubles is likely caused by your derailleurs. Dmadro's explanation is correct, but if you are unsure how to make these adjustments, you can take a look at one of the guides explaining each step on adjusting the front derailleur and rear derailleur.

Most Helpful Answer

Check the shifter cable. There is an adjustment at the rear derailleur that you can turn to loosen or tighten the cable tension. Put the chain on the smallest gear on the rear wheel. Shift up to the next gear. If the shift does not happen, turn the cable adjuster to tighten the tension on the cable. If you shift and the chain moves up two gears, loosen the cable. Park Tools is a good website for this sort of adjustment.

Matt Halvorson will be eternally grateful.