Released May 2012, identified by model number J2011-03-US.

My charge port came loose, how can I fix this?

I was forewarned about this problem before I bought my Jambox, but I didn't think it would ever happen to me. I was simply trying to charge my Jambox through the charge port, but I might have plugged it in too aggressively because the charge port came loose! It honestly just fell out, and I have absolutely no idea how to fix it.

I'm pretty upset because I just got my Jambox this past year for Christmas and it's already broken! Please help!

Most Helpful Answer

Don’t worry, this is a common problem! Although it does take a little bit of effort to get the charge port back in place, it can be accomplished with the proper equipment and the helpful information offered on the troubleshooting guide offered for the Big Jambox.

Basically, the part will require some soldering and that should pretty much fix your problem. I hope you find the solution!

Does anyone have the size / type of the DC barrel connector? My Jambox took a tumble when I lent it out and apparently the DC connector hit first, it popped off the board and the connector itself is in about 6 or 7 pieces...

TIA

One more thing - It seems I lost C14 in the fall as well. Anyone know a good replacement Part# for that cap, or can I just get away with bridging it?

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en...

This is a direct replacement barrel connector. You will obviously have to solider it to the board. Just copy and paste in your search box. The part cost less than a couple bucks. Hope this helped

Awesome! This is great thanks so much for the link!

Gabriella Graham will be eternally grateful.