The Sony VAIO PCG-3E2L comes standard with Windows Vista Home Premium, touch sensor A/V controls, and has a glossy white color. Alternate model number: Sony VAIO VGN-CS215J.

My "Enter key" on my keyboard is not working.

The "Enter key" on my Sony VAIO PCG-3E2L is responded when I pressed it. All other keys are working properly. Do I have to replace the whole keyboard pad?

Most Helpful Answer

When the keys on the keyboard are not working properly, it is important to make sure that the keyboard is cleaned properly. Using a can of compressed air could be used to free up any dust that may be preventing the key to work. It is possible to replace the “enter” key and get a response, but it may be necessary to replace the parts under the key that it needs to function. The parts and assembly instructions can be found from a distributor of Sony products or a third-party distributor. The following link has instructions on how to troubleshoot the problem with the keyboard, and it also provides information about service options for this particular issue:

Troubleshooting the Sony VAIO PCG-3E2L

Check all running application at background. Use Ctrl+Alt+Delete command to open task manager and see all the applications having impact on memory at the moment. Close all one by one and restart your device. If it is still not working then the enter key is broken. You could replace it or use Ctrl+M instead of enter key.

Maybe the enter key has a build up of debris, try using compressed air to clean the keyboard. If still unresponsive, the enter key is broken. You can use alternate methods such as control M, or replace keyboard.

Chengyang Chen will be eternally grateful.