Model A1225 / Early 2009 / 2.66, 2.93, or 3.06 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

After installing, my SSD is not recognized after a reboot?

12.7 mm SATA Optical Bay SATA Hard Drive Enclosure

I installed this device paired with a Samsung 850 Pro SSD in my iMac 24 Inch, EMC 2267.

After loading Yosemite onto the SSD and after a reboot the SSD is not seen. I open the iMac, disconnect the SSD, reconnect and the machine starts as normal. Upon a restart though I have to repeat the process. Any ideas?

12.7 mm SATA Optical Bay SATA Hard Drive Enclosure Image

How did you install Yosemite?

I did a clean install of Yosemite via a bootable USB.

Did you alter the boot disk setting in your Startup Disk control panel? So the SSD will be the boot up drive.

Starting again here:

Did you configure the SSD to be stand alone or part of a Fusion drive?

Using your USB bootable thumb drive open up Disk Utility click on each visible drive take a snapshot of each making sure you get the bottom of the disk utility dialog box. Post it here for us to see.

I did, the SSD is the startup disk.

Check the SSD setup under Disk Utility is the disk setup with GUID and formatted with Mac OS Extended (Journaled)?

Correct, that's how I originally set it up.

mmm ... That's not sounding good here. Can you take the SSD out and access externally via USB?

Yes, the SSD itself is fine. Below is a link and I believe this is the cause, Apple made Yosemite with new security requirements that block 3rd party drivers from being loaded.

bonnerspringscomputers will be eternally grateful.