In 2012, Sony Entertainment announced that the company would be releasing a new version of its 2006 Playstation 3 console. The new console is call the Playstation 3 Super Slim and is identified by the model number, CECH-4000. The PlayStation 3 Super Slim (CECH400x) is the third version of the PS3 video game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. It was released October 25, 2012.

Why won't my PS3 superslim spin a disk

i bought a superslim PS3 which would read disks and I swapped the drive out of another superslim that I have, when you put hold the door sensor the disk will not spin but the red laser flashes 5 times, there is nothing from the blue one. The disk doesn't even attempt to spin. I don't really want to pay for another unit if I'm going to have the same problem. Can anybody suggest anything?

the Super slim does not have a board separate for the optical drive, all optical drive controls are part of the mainboard now, kinda like back n the PSone/ PStwo slim era...

so it could be a dead motor, bad connection or the controller on the main board is dead (worst case scenario)

so like some suggest check all flex ribbon conectors, and if you could get some DeoxIT put a little in th connectors and reseat them, if this fails try and get a new spindle motor (drive assembly) if not then the only possibility is get the mainboard fixed, which i highly doubt is possible or even economically feasible... then the other option is hax or get a new system

Most Helpful Answer

Double check your ribbon cable connections..They may be loose or not seated properly. Might want to clean the ends with a suitable cleaner before reinstalling the ends. If that checks out ok, I would say it was a bad drive motor.

Hope that helps and it's just a ribbon cable issue...

Im having the same problem .. none of my Cds spin inside my ps3 super slim ..

I dont know whats wrong with it .. any help ?

You are going to need the board off of the old disc tray because it is married to the motherboard of the PlayStation.

When the tray door closes it depresses this button, like a little latch thing that activates thing to spin. all the slamming that my daughter and I have done has broken off that little Pieces now I can't get it to spin.. I am now trying to find a way way to make it spin without replacing the little piece because I can't find it online..

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhgive up

Alex Henderson will be eternally grateful.