The HTC Desire 816 features a 5.5-inch display with a 1280x720 resolution, 13 mp rear facing camera and HTC BoomSound.

Why doesn't my touch screen respond?

tounch screen of my mobile htc 816 does not work. I bought my mobile from 3 weeks and I do not know the problem come from

Please help me to find the prolem if it is hardware or software

me also same problam -htc desire 816 i got before 3 weeks but noe touch screen not working - i am reset the phone also but no sucess. i have to go to seller now

My htc also same probelm my screen not working properly

my mobile also as like ur problem now what can i do plz suggest me

Wow I thought I was only having trouble my HTC desire is not working my screen is fine but no response it sounds more software but let's not leave The hardware out yet until we know sounds like HTC software

My HTC Desire 820ts touch is showing problems like if sometimes it does not respond . And also when I tap on one application , it goes to another . Please can you help me ?

Most Helpful Answer

A soft or hard reset may fix this problem if it is software related.

To do a soft reset:

If the display is off, press the POWER button to turn it back on.

If you've set up a lock screen, you need to unlock it.

Press and hold the POWER button, and then tap Restart.

When asked to confirm, tap Restart.

If it does not respond when you touch the screen or press the buttons, you can still restart it. Press and hold the POWER and VOLUME UP buttons for at least 10 seconds. It should now restart.

Be sure to back up any data and files you want to keep before you do a factory reset.

To do a hard/factory reset:

Press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button, and then press and hold the POWER button.

Wait for the screen with the three Android images to appear, and then release the POWER and VOLUME DOWN buttons.

Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER button.

Your phone should be set back to factory setting now.

If resetting doesn't get your touch screen responsive then you might have a faulty digitizer or a loose or broken digitizer ribbon cable or connector on the motherboard. The digitizer part of the screen is responsible for sensing touch. If you find fault in the cable you will need to replace the digitizer.

Superb and thanks dude...Please dont buy this mobile anyone this is very hectic and functionality is very bad.

thnku for the suggestion...

worst phone ever!

I've repaired the LCD + Digitizer with Frame a lot for many customers. Not a single one have come to me about this issue. If your system software is not up to date. I recommend to update it to the latest available update.

The digitizer connection shouldn't get loose. It's held around with grey adhesive tape making it pretty hard for it to come unplugged or loose by itself. Though the other flex cable connecting the digitizer cable to the logic board can become loose in some cases, It has foam behind the cable where it plugs into the logic board.

thanx a lot my friend it worked

my HTC desire 816W has same problem.open automaticaly programs,and now left side of touchscreen is disabled.display is OK.but touch has problem.what is the solution?

tap the screen with a hammer as hard as you can

my touch screen not working properly htc desire 526. very disappointed with this phone.

Lol don't listen to the guy above unless your fed up like me I may take his advice but before we smash our phones try updating software first

How can you go to setting and then recalibrate on something that is not responding to touch Raguraman?

No it is not a hardware issue it's a software issue I also feel this issue after updating the latest software of HTC desire 816

what software version may solve the issue?

hello

my touch is not workng

i want to remove pattern how plz help me

Just switch of the phone and restart if it is not working go to setting and calibrate

there should be problem in hardware n software to...first let me help with software issue if your touch is not responding swicth on the cell phone and only press switch on button for a long time and after pressing 1-2 minutes u r phone will be restart.....than it problem will be solved.....if it doesnt than open the cell phone and remove the touch pad there should be a moisture clean that and definetly it work..........**** if u like my answer best of luck

Solution

I also had this problem for quite a while. My phone does give me a headache because I can't always use it (I am getting a new samsung this June) but I have found a solution that works for me. What you have to do is create electricity for the screen. To do this, you create static electricity but rubbing your hand roughly against the screen until it feels very hot and it gets harder for your hand to slide across. This isn't permanent, and you might have to do it every time you pick up your phone, but it works.

lubna ibrahim will be eternally grateful.