How to make sure LCD cable doesn't become loose over time?

Hi all,

I have a ASUS ROG G550JK laptop, which has an annoying problem. The screen does flicker randomly from time to time, by I mean randomly, it flickers for a frame only, and then doesn't flicker for 5-10 mins etc. then flickers randomly for one frame again. One thing to note is this doesn't happen on an external screen, only at internal laptop display.

I have opened the laptop and reseated the LCD cable on the motherboard, then for 2-3 days it didn't flicker but then it started again, figured it become loose again, I did the same process again, and it didn't flickered for 2-3 days but now it's flickering again.

What can I do to make sure the cable doesn't become loose in time? I thought I can try to fix it with some electrical band. What are your opinions? Thank you very much for your help.

My screen is completely black, before it went that way it flickered a couple times. I have reset the connection several times but I still have not had any luck bringing it back to life. Do I have the same problem? I didnt have any of the tools that you suggested on me but I will make sure I get them if needed. Thanks for reading this I hope it can be easily fixed.

I would recommend cleaning the connections gently with a brush and a little isopropyl alcohol 99% . Making sure the laptop is unplugged with battery removed. Once you have reconnected the lcd to the board i would use kapton tape to keep the connector in place.The connection on the rear of the lcd could also be the culprit .

Deniz will be eternally grateful.