A compact digital camera released 09/15/2005.

Battery power last only a few seconds after being fully charged.

I have The canon Powershot SD450 I have purchased new batteries and a new charger.After batteries have been fully Charged and inserted into the phone it only power on for a few seconds then flashes. the battery Icon says to change the Battery Pack. Something. keeps draining the Battery Power, Even after the Batteries. have been fully charged. How can I fix the problem. These are new Batteries and a new Charger. Thanks in Advance

Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor more than our dads—let’s celebrate all the mentors who taught us how to fix.
Father's Day Gift Guide
Let’s honor those who taught us how to fix.

Check there aren't any foreign bodies in the battery compartment, that the battery contacts within the camera are clean and corrosion-free, and that they are making firm contact with the battery terminals.

It could be that you've been sold a faulty battery and/or charger - some cheap far-eastern ones are of very poor quality.

JW Jackson Jr will be eternally grateful.