The 2014 edition of the Kindle, part of the 7th generation, includes a touchscreen and same form-factor as the Kindle Paperwhite, but lacks the backlight.

Why won't my Kindle sync my contents/books?

I just purchased a new book off the Amazon website but it won't sync to my Kindle.

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

You should check if the Book is compatible with your device. On the product page you will see something like " Available for following devices" if this doesn't appear than the e-Book is compatible with all Kindle models. If the option is there you have to check if your device is listed otherwise it's incompatible. If your device is compatible but the book still doesn't download try following:

- Hard Reset your device by holding the On/Off button 40 seconds or until you see a picture of a tree with a boy reading underneath it.

- Set your device in flight mode for 10-15 seconds after which turn flight mode off.

- Sever the wifi connection and sett it up again under settings.

- Tip on the button Cloud and try downloading the book manually.

- Log off and back on your account under settings.

- Check under "Manage your content and devices" (https://www.amazon.com/mn/dcw/myx.html/r... settings if Whispersync is on or off.

If nothing helps from here contact Amazon Client Service since you might have some issues with your wifi module.

Thank you, I was able to download the books manually. Weird that my whispersync quit working suddenly

Mine too! I would read off either my kindle, my iPad or my iPhone and I’d always get a message about syncing to the latest page. Don’t get that anymore and nothing will sync. So frustrating. Whispersync is on in all devices

This started yesterday for me. Very frustrating. It happened after all of a sudden my Kindle reader tried to start Alexa which I do not use and in the process it unregistered my kindle. Very weird and now my devices will not sync

Tried reloading the book on each device but did not help.

I had the same issue (specifically I could download books, but the current book I was reading would not sync the page to my computer nor my phone from my kindle -- the kindle would give an error as well), but the above steps actually did not work

The steps were similar to these, https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/..., which also did not work.

but while I as logged into my settings area in Amazon I looked for the book in question and it said there was an 'update' to my book. I updated and pushed the book to all three of my devices, no dice. So then I just removed the book from all devices, re-pushed to the three, and then it started working (sadly the page is now stuck at page 993 of 993 while only 56% complete with the book, but eh it syncs now)

so if you can download on your devices, the version of the book may be different and you may need to redownload the book (granted for me I needed to remove it from all devices then re-download, so mark the location in the book!)

hth

If the book is stuck at a certain page and won't budge try to modify the font size, that helps in many cases ;)

Thanks for your answer, I would like to try that but... did you lose your previous Notes & Highlights for that particular book?

That did the trick! Thank you!

No, have whispersync enabled on both kindle device and kindle account and still won't sync.

First, check to see if your Kindle is WiFi enabled. If it is connected to the internet, your Whispersync is not turned on. Tap on your menu tab, go to Settings, Device Options, Personalize Your Kindle, then Advanced options. If the Whispersync component in not enabled, tap on it and enable it. If your books are still not syncing, your Whispersync Device Synchronization is most likely disabled on your Amazon account. Sign into your account, click on Manage Your Content and Devices the click Settings. Under Device Synchronization, validate that Whispersync is enabled.

I cant read the book i bought on my amazon kindle on my portable kindle. Also you say there is a problem with my acvount what is the problem with ny account?

My Kindle No 4 will not sync my purchased book

Can you help please

what do i need to do?

Have you tried the steps that I proposed in this thread? If logging off and back on doesn't help. Try setting it back to factory settings. Or one more possibility is to delete the WiFi connection and reconnect it. Let me know if it doesn't work I'll think of something else;)

I found the following steps worked.

I had previously downloaded a sample on my Kindle, then purchased the book via Kindle for Mac. However it wouldn't transfer to Kindle. Here are the steps I used -

1. On the Mac, log back in to Amazon

2. Go to Your Account >> Your Orders

3. Click Content and Devices

4. Click on the "..." next to your book name

5. Click Download & Transfer via USB

6. Select your Kindle device and click download

the book should now download to the Kindle. Hope this helps.

'''Hello

Just follow these steps:'''

1. Tap on your menu tab, go to Settings, Device Options, Personalize Your Kindle, then Advanced options.

2. If the Whisper sync component in not enabled, tap on it and enable it.

3. If your books are still not syncing, your Whisper sync Device Synchronization is most likely disabled on your Amazon account.

For any help visit us: Kindle Fire Support

Why are my books not down loaded properly from Amazon

Why can't I get my kindle open the books I paid for from Amazon

I had tried several of the suggestions above and none worked. I could read my books on the Kindle Cloud, but when trying to sync with the Kindle app on my iPhone it would never sync - or vice versa. Rebooted phone, ensured whispersync was enabled on amazon site and on iphone, removed book from iphone and redownloaded, etc. I did one other task that made this start working again for me. I went to the Amazon site under Manage Content and Devices and under the Devices tab I made my iPhone the "Default Device" by clicking on the elipsis button next to my iphone. After doing this the sync started working right away as expected.

I checked Whispersync toggling it back and forth just to be sure but there was no change.

I fixed it by deregistering the Kindle app on my iPhone6s and then logging back in. Deregistering deletes your entire library but logging back in again triggers it to re-populate your library from your Amazon Kindle account

iPhone app: More/Settings/Registration Update/Deregister this Kindle. Then just log back in using your email address

Hi! I just read elsewhere that in de and then re-registering, you tend to lose highlights and notes on the repopulated books. I wonder how this happens since all notes /high;ights etc are backed up to the Kindle cloud. And the repopulation on a re-registered device happens from there. Please share your experience.

Nothing of any of these suggestions work

I had issue where I sent from my mail to my kindle, I could see the books in the kindle app on my phone but could not seem to get it on the Kindle and they were both on the same wifi network. I did had to ‘forget’ the wifi on the kindle and then re entered the password before the books showed up.

i cannot get the book i just paid for on my kindle?

why cant i get my book

I have had a Kindle for almost 6 years, along with a second Kindle and an app on my phone. I had a different question but this one popped up right after it. I've read all of the above comments and noticed that most of the devices listed are Apple iPhones or iPads. I have an Android smart phone (specifically a Motorola Droid turbo 2)and have never had a problem with a download or sync. Is it possible that the problem is with compatibility with apple products? (Both my Kindles are on Wi-Fi.)

2 books of my entire library were not synching with Whispersync. Tried everything, from erasing books from all devices, to put in Air Plane Mode, etc.

Also deleted from all devices, deleted from my Amazon account, sent it back with Calibre, etc. Nothing seemed to help.

What actually end up fixing my problem was just rebooting my Kindle Oasis. That was it. Once my Oasis was rebooted, the phone started to say I was in the last page already, which only for this book specifically was not doing it.

Now hit the sync button and pages are synched just fine.

Again , all my books were synching fine, just 2 books I was having issues. Hitting on my Android phone also didnt pop up any message. Once my kindle was off, the Android started to say I was in my last page, like something was stucked in between those 2 devices.

Oasis came back synching perfectly the 2 books.

Hope this helps someone. I was going nutts with this.

Michael Griffith will be eternally grateful.