Troubleshooting and Repair for the 32" 1080P LG 32CS560 LCD TV.

Screen is black, But sound still present.What to do?

Watching tv and the screen just went black have tried turning off and on and unplugging audio still works fine I can change channels and hear different audio but no pictures through cable component or hdmi.

1 -12--17 Just bought lg 65" super uhd tv. 2 days old. Screen goes black. Returned for a new one two weeks later same thing returning this one also thank God it happen within the 30 days

No picture but has a sound on tv

Most Helpful Answer

Hello Jon,

Check the power board.

I have the same trouble with my LG M2762D-PC 27" television.

Seems to be one bad ceramic capacitor.

See my topic What value are these LCD TV LG M2762D-PC capacitors?

Have you already opened the TV?

Good luck in repairing.

Greetz, Pierre.

No news on this issue??

No picture but has sound on tv

ctruman72,

I don't know which model you have but if you hold a flashlight to the screen do you see movement and images? If you do the backlight has failed. If you do not see images you may have a main control board problem. Did the service tech tell you which board? You may find the board on the internet. Use the tv make and model along with the board part number with a google search.

How do I fix the blacklight?

Hi Darlene,

How did you diagnosed the error? If you hold a flashlight to the screen, do you seen any pictures?

As stated above if you hold a light to it and you still see pictures you have a bad backlight inverter (think of it as a starter for the old style floresent lights.

As stated above just find model and serial # and google parts there are several online places that offer boards inverters ECT.

Just fyi if ya find bad capacitor or such I usually go up by 5 so that's just my 2 cents

I have never had a broken TV before--LCD or any other type. But the flashlight diagnosis worked--I could see the images. Thank you--I'll look into that rather than replacing it or making an expensive repair call.

i am a old lady can not pick up this tv what do i do

I have a 65" LG, OLED, 4K Ultra HD, Smart TV. I have had this TV for 1 month. The screen just went blank / black but everything else was working on it.... sound, apps pages, etc. but I could not get a video or satellite image at all. I decided to try resetting the TV to it's original setting and it worked. I have a picture again. It is a complete pain as I now have to go back and set everything up again. But at least I can watch the TV again. Hope this helps some or all of you!!!

Genius!! This fix worked!!

I wish you luck. I had it happen to my 55" and then to my 70" LG. Both were one month past warranty and it's the $1500 part that needs replaced. My LG repairman called the company and fought with them to cover the costs. After about a 20 minute screaming session they finally agreed. This part will go out on all these TV's before they should according to the LG repairman. So good luck

I think you will be getting the best solution because same problem happened with me.

jon will be eternally grateful.