A touchscreen e-reader by Amazon with silent page-turning buttons and auto-adjusting backlight, released October 21, 2014.

Why won't my WiFi work?

I have been trying to connect to the WiFi on my home network with my Kindle Voyage, but it won't connect. I know the login information is correct, but it won't work. What should I do?

Most Helpful Answer

First, make sure that you can log on to your network with another device. If other devices are also unable to log on, then your problem is probably the network itself. If that is the case, try resetting your router or contacting your internet provider if that fails to work.

If the Kindle Voyage is the only device that cannot connect, there may be a problem with the WiFi antenna inside the device. Go back to the Kindle Voyage device page and click on the link to the WiFi antenna repair guide. Using the guide as a reference, open the device up and make sure that antenna is connected properly. If it is not, try re-connecting it and see if the problem is fixed. If the antenna is still not working, it will need to be replaced.

where can you get a new antenna for a kindle fire hd?

I had this problem. Nothing to do with the antenna - the Kindle WiFi antenna worked fine.

Turns out the Kindle Voyage, and other Kindles as well, can't cope with the way my (Virgin) router does dynamic allocation of network addresses in a password protected network.

The only solution I could find that worked was:

1. Set up an extra 'guest network' on your WiFi router. Call it something like 'our Kindle network'

2. On that network only, turn off the password protection

3. On that network only, in the router setup, turn on 'MAC Address Filtering' and choose the option that accepts (as opposed to blocks) the designated MAC Addresses.

4. Find the 'MAC Address' of the Kindle, in the Kindle Settings menu.

5. Type the MAC Address of the Kindle into the 'allowed MAC Addresses' list in the router.

6. Repeat if required for other devices.

This has worked perfectly. It remains secure because only the allowed devices (defined by the MAC Addresses stored in the router) are allowed on that network. All other devices are blocked. Your normal WiFi network(s) is(are) not affected and stay password protected as before.

(The MAC Address is a hardware identifier unique to each device, so you'll need to change it if you get a new Kindle.)

Connor Weirich will be eternally grateful.