Updated version of the Kindle Fire 7" tablet by Amazon with 1280x800 HD display. Released September 2012. Repairing this device is straightforward.

My KFHD Gen. 1 Power Switch is truly broken!

I am more familiar with technology than some other people, so I believe I know what is wrong. I pried off the back, tested, and found that rhe button sensor underneath the actual switch does not send the digital signal to the Kindle; even if the sensor is manually pressed with a fingernail, etc. I can hear the click but the device does not switch on/off.

I can confirm that the device itself works perfectly, due to the fact that I am typing this on my Kindle. I am only able to switch the device on by connecting its charger, however... And that is an enormous inconvenience.

It may be worth noting that I have it rooted and flashed with CyanogenMod 11, but this definitely is not the issue; I am sure it is a hardware problem. CyanogenMod has been running fine since last October.

So, is it possible to get a replacement switch assembly for my venerable tablet? Thanks in advance,

-Jordan D.

There certainly is! Here ya go:

Kindle Fire HD 7" (2013, 2nd Gen) Power Button Board

Enjoy.

Jake

Kindle Fire HD 7" (2013, 2nd Gen) Power Button Board Image

Thank you! The product you gave me was for the wrong generation, but I found on the store that there is a volume/power button board for the generation 1. You helped me direct me to the name of the product, so I thank you very much, Jake!!

-Jordan D.

drakinite will be eternally grateful.