10.1" tablet released in February 2014, powered by a custom version of Android 4.4 KitKat, and identified by model number: SM-T520NZKAXAR

My screen won't come back on when I press the power button

My Samsung tab pro screen does not turn on when I press the power button to get it out of its sleep mode...I see the lights flash on the menu and back key. But the screen stays black. Before I would js hold the power button n the tablet would power off then on. And the screen would come on...but now even if I hold the power button down for a long time the screen stays black. Please help! How can I fix this...or where can I take this to get it fixed?

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Most Helpful Answer

Hi Tammy,

Not sure if you still have the Samsung tablet however I followed this tutorial on YouTube -

https://youtu.be/moaGerOZ8CA

I had to try it a couple of times before it would work and also used a bit of tape to hold the cable in place.

Hope this helps.

Grant

What kind of tape did you use? We have the same problem and took it to BB 3 times and the cable keeps coming out. How can we secure it so it WON't come out?

My screen stays black when I push power and vol. The sound comes on that's it still says black

Tammy will be eternally grateful.