Released in 2013, the Asus X550CA is a line of budget Windows 8 ultrabooks.

Factory reset deleted all the original ASUS apps.

My laptop, which I've had for just over a year began to randomly freeze. I took it in to a third party and the guy reinstalled Windows 8. The problem is that I no longer have the original Asus apps such as 'Smart Gesture' or 'Instan On.' It's all gone. Is there a way to recover these apps?

Most Helpful Answer

Take a look at http://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks.... It appears that they have most of that software if you choose "Windows 8" from the dropdown.

Note that while the dropdown also has a Windows 8.1 section, I think that's only for the software that is different between Windows 8 and Windows 8.1. If you're running Windows 8.1, you'll probably want to use the versions of the software from the Windows 8.1 section for some things.

Most of that software is useless, the only important software is: ASUS ATK Package to use the keyboard function keys, and ASUS Smart Gesture to make the trackpad.

To install ASUS Smart Gesture, the ATK Package will need to be installed

Step 1

Power on or reboot the ASUS laptop. When the ASUS logo screen appears, press "F9" to access the hidden partition.

Step 2

Press "Enter" when Windows Boot Manager appears. Choose your language from the options and click "Next."

Related Reading: How to Reformat an Asus Laptop

Step 3

Review the on-screen messages and then click "Next." Select one of the following options: "Recover Windows to First Partition Only," "Recover Windows to Entire HD" or "Recover Windows to Entire HD With Two Partitions."

Step 4

Click "Next" and follow the on-screen instructions to restore the ASUS laptop to the factory defaults

pierre will be eternally grateful.